Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Haslinger Giveaway!!!

Haslinger Giveaway!!!

This is something that we just can't seem to get to work, because of paypal's stupid rules (if anyone has a better means of payment, please let me and all the vendors and craftsmen know!..anyways...)

However, the Haslinger passaround knife is back in my hands, in relatively good shape. One "H" pin is chipped, and there's typical wear that can be associated with lots of use, over a year. All in all, though, it's in great shape!

Thomas was very, very grateful for the great comments some of you sent and posted. He figured out areas that need some tweaking and his newest work will show these changes (blade height/knuckle clearance, thinness behind the edge). As a little thank you, he wants the knife to be "sold", with every penny going to KKF, to keep it going strong! However, he also wants it to go to someone who could really use the knife. Either someone who can't afford to treat himself, or an apprentice/young chef, just starting out.

Originally, we wanted a raffle for the knife, and the winner got to choose who gets the prize. However, the winner must PIF it to a worthy recipient. This all seemed great, until we realized that paypal won't allow raffles, etc, etc.

Does anyone have a good idea of how we can raise the appropriate funds, and still PIF this to someone who deserves it? If so, I'm all ears!

Essentially, all we want is this knife to raise money for the forum we all love, as a community, and then get the knife to someone worthy of such a generous gift.

Thanks, everyone!
    09/06

Take a look around at: www.sharpandshinyshop.com

Email me at: tmclean@sharpandshinyshop.com

Oh crap. I didn't see the one on BST.
    This might take a while, so don't wait around for this, hoping you receive the PIF, if you get what I'm saying....
    09/06

It may be old skool, but you could have people mail you $ for the ticket amount? Set a date you need to have the $, and schedule the drawing for, say, a week later, just in case anything gets help up in the mail. The main issue would be the type of currency...

I can pay you in bacon.

Bacon, eh? I know Jack would take salted almonds as currency, so maybe he'll take salty bacon, in trade for cash that can come here(?). You just might be on to something....
    09/06

I just realized a problem. My bacon isn't Canadian so it might not work up there.

Also, you're just going to use money to buy bacon anyway so why not go to the heart of the matter.

Travis, you're very wrong. Bacon grows on trees, up here! I don't need to waste money on that stuff.
    09/06

You darned Canadians with your finely honed manners and bacon trees!

Truer words have never been written. In fact, in elementary school we take an oath. I can't tell you all of it, but one line goes like this, "I will do my best to frustrate those who are rude with kindness and apologies, even when not my fault, and offer them a perfectly sliced piece of bacon off my family's tree."

I should likely stop there, as I've already given too much....
    09/06

Charlotte, NC AKA The Queen City! The lint-filled belly button of the south.
    Thanks Lefty for keeping the PIF spirit going! We can figure out some way to make it happen.
    I guess we could PIF in bacon or even almonds too.
    If "Its" and "Buts" was candy and nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas
    -Cleon "Slammin'" Salmon