Quantcast
Looking for first pressure cooker - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Looking for first pressure cooker

Amazon just jogged my memory. Besides seeing Fagor in Germany I also picked up brochures for cookware made by Fissler. Any comments on their pressure cookers. They were shiny and pretty. :-)

-AJ

I've got a Fagor, as long as you follow the instructions, it is pretty good for the price.

I've been in this same boat for a while. Never used one but have wanted to try one for a few years now. I saw a Jacques Pepin cooking show once where he used a pressure cooker to make a curry in 20 minutes, and I have never forgotten it. The mad scientists at Modernist Cuisine recommend the Kuhn Rikon Duromatic. I just made risotto the other night and in the above link they say you can make a stir-free risotto in 5 minutes. With another kid on the way, this tool might be my savior.

k.
    "In Japan they don't call it Japanese food, they just call it food." -- Children's Hospital Quote

Back when I did my "OCD" research two names were at the top of the quality list....KR and Magefesa. Then and now seems like KR is about 50% more expensive. I went with the Magefesa (actually the pressure fryer), but I would like to have an additional smaller unit or pressure frypan.

Quote Originally Posted by ajhuff View Post
    Amazon just jogged my memory. Besides seeing Fagor in Germany I also picked up brochures for cookware made by Fissler. Any comments on their pressure cookers. They were shiny and pretty. :-)

-AJ
    Just saw this. Fissler is considered high quality in Germany. My Mom has been using Fissler pressure cookers for as long as I can remember and never had any issues.

Stefan

Thanks for that Stefan. Their stuff looked awesome when I was at a mall in Dusseldorf.

-AJ

Ordered a little 6qt Fissler Blue Point model off od Woot. We'll see how it goes.

-AJ

My wife told me the other night, I'm not going to tell you what you are getting for Christmas but it begins with "pressure". Hmmm, this Christmas is going to be as big a surprise as last year when a Vitamix box was delivered to the house.

k.
    "In Japan they don't call it Japanese food, they just call it food." -- Children's Hospital Quote