Quantcast
This is both funny and sad, more stupid than anything else - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: This is both funny and sad, more stupid than anything else

To play Devil's advocate, her recipes are extensively tested and always work. Something I cannot say about many chef's cookbooks.

Quote Originally Posted by cnochef View Post
    To play Devil's advocate, her recipes are extensively tested and always work. Something I cannot say about many chef's cookbooks.
    Check out the French Laundry book. One of the few I've seen that is based on their actual recipes that they use in the restaurant. It's not 'dumbed' down, and has a wealth of very practical information on various cooking techniques. I reccomend it over the majority of stuff out there.

My last magazine came today. Here are some examples the strange world in which she lives:

The magazine starts off with a calendar of "gentle reminders, helpful tips, and important dates", including: "Arrange for my Friesian's saddles to be checked and adjusted", "Attend Bedford Historical Society....", "bathe cats and dogs", "Service greenhouse boilers". I know that having my horses' saddles adjusted is something I always try to work in between servicing boilers and bathing the pets!

Then the articles. A fancy party at a nice restaurant--for her grand-daughter's 1st birthday! That party isn't for the baby--it's for ego and bottom line.

The woman is already a convicted criminal. I'm not surprised she's pulling another stunt to rip people off.
    Now is not the time to bother me. And it's always now. Wiley Miller

Another example of morals dictated by sheer greed. Anyone remember an old fashioned term called:'Philanthropy'....?

wyoming, closer to nowhere than somewhere.
    I think she had to stop down as ceo when she was convicted. This also sounds like someone further down making a stupid decision and not telling someone higher up.
    Chewie's the man.

I do believe that she is back in power now.......
    Spike C
    "The Buddha resides as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain."
    Pirsig

Quote Originally Posted by Crothcipt View Post
    I think she had to stop down as ceo when she was convicted. This also sounds like someone further down making a stupid decision and not telling someone higher up.
    Is this how the responsibilty dilutes?

I am so disappointed. I always made all of my knife purchases based on celebrity food network chef endorsements. I am so grateful Guy Fieri and Rachel Ray weren't caught up in this scandal. I would have to stop purchasing knives.

Quote Originally Posted by Deckhand View Post
    I am so disappointed. I always made all of my knife purchases based on celebrity food network chef endorsements. I am so grateful Guy Fieri and Rachel Ray weren't caught up in this scandal. I would have to stop purchasing knives.
    Oh, thanks. Now I have to clean off my monitor. I was drinking when I read this and spewed all over.
    Now is not the time to bother me. And it's always now. Wiley Miller

If you are spewing all over, I don't think you were watching this channel.
    I haven't lived the life I wanted, just the lives I needed too at the time.