This is both funny and sad, more stupid than anything else

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
+1

Plus it is unbelievable, hm, or I can easily believe they did it, but I just dont want to accept it.

bam.jpg

Excellent news that these Solingen guys do take this very seriously.

Well, not quite, an American company would sue for $450 Million or so... ;)

Stefan

The saddest part, imo, is they are just part of a subculture that thinks that this kind of stuff is acceptable. You got to wonder why for some people the thought that this might not be right doesn't kick in. I just started reading one of Bourdain's later books, Medium Raw, where he spends most of the first chapter yelling about Emeril and Rachael and the like for their no talent BS - and apparently it goes deeper than just selling out to the forces of greed to downright lying...

"The German Chamber of Industry and Commerce Wuppertal-Solingen-Remscheid, a trade association that holds the rights to the world-famous Solingen knife collection, has sued Stewart and her company Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia, Lagasse and HSN for trademark infringement for “up to $2,000,000 for EACH time the knives were mentioned" on HSN, according to Forbes."

I'm not a Lagasse fan, but my understanding is Martha Stewart bought him out, anything/everything with his name on it, after hurricane Katrina.

Someone sent me a subscription to Martha Stewart's magazine (if I find out who, I'm going to put a pox on them.) I feel sorry for the women who fall for her schtick--the lifestyle she promotes just isn't possible for people without a huge staff to handle the "real" work around the house.

We mail ordered one of her non-stick skillet once since it was on sale for cheap and we needed a new one. It wasn't even worth using--it went right back.

To play Devil's advocate, her recipes are extensively tested and always work. Something I cannot say about many chef's cookbooks.

To play Devil's advocate, her recipes are extensively tested and always work. Something I cannot say about many chef's cookbooks.

Check out the French Laundry book. One of the few I've seen that is based on their actual recipes that they use in the restaurant. It's not 'dumbed' down, and has a wealth of very practical information on various cooking techniques. I reccomend it over the majority of stuff out there.

My last magazine came today. Here are some examples the strange world in which she lives:

The magazine starts off with a calendar of "gentle reminders, helpful tips, and important dates", including: "Arrange for my Friesian's saddles to be checked and adjusted", "Attend Bedford Historical Society....", "bathe cats and dogs", "Service greenhouse boilers". I know that having my horses' saddles adjusted is something I always try to work in between servicing boilers and bathing the pets!

Then the articles. A fancy party at a nice restaurant--for her grand-daughter's 1st birthday! That party isn't for the baby--it's for ego and bottom line.

The woman is already a convicted criminal. I'm not surprised she's pulling another stunt to rip people off.

Another example of morals dictated by sheer greed. Anyone remember an old fashioned term called:'Philanthropy'....?

I think she had to stop down as ceo when she was convicted. This also sounds like someone further down making a stupid decision and not telling someone higher up.

I do believe that she is back in power now.......

I think she had to stop down as ceo when she was convicted. This also sounds like someone further down making a stupid decision and not telling someone higher up.

Is this how the responsibilty dilutes?

I am so disappointed. I always made all of my knife purchases based on celebrity food network chef endorsements. I am so grateful Guy Fieri and Rachel Ray weren't caught up in this scandal. I would have to stop purchasing knives. :D

I am so disappointed. I always made all of my knife purchases based on celebrity food network chef endorsements. I am so grateful Guy Fieri and Rachel Ray weren't caught up in this scandal. I would have to stop purchasing knives. :D

Oh, thanks. Now I have to clean off my monitor. I was drinking when I read this and spewed all over.

If you are spewing all over, I don't think you were watching this channel.

Back