120 Petty - Help

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oivind_dahle

Banned
Reaction score
I would prefer stainless, but can go cladded. Really unsure about semistainless here :)

Kandidates (all 120):

Hiromoto AS
Misono UX10
TKC
Torjo DP
Fujiwara FKM Stainless
Sakai Yusuke 120 Petty
Ashi 120

Why the hell is Misono UX 10 insane priced???

Misono raised prices recently by a lot.
I have a 210mm white2 suji Sakai Yusuke on its way to me. I will let you know how the geometry is and may be that will help you to make some educated guess about the 120mm petty quality.

Misono raised their prices because the dollar/yen balance shifted so much that they felt that Japanese buyers were paying more than others. That is not the way that currency exchanges are supposed to work, butt that is how they justified it.

I'm surprised you aren't getting some custom petty...what gives?

Out of that list, I would go with the TKC.

Building a new kitchen - no more customs for me for a long time (Ill take the ones Ive ordered, but no more new orders). Actually there will be no more 3000 USD knives for me for a really really really really long time :) I might buy some used but max price is like 50 USD.

Ive ordered the Fujiwara: its going to be used for the dogs. I BARF my dog, so my GF wanted a knife to use when making dinner for our dogs.

Building a new kitchen - no more customs for me for a long time (Ill take the ones Ive ordered, but no more new orders). Actually there will be no more 3000 USD knives for me for a really really really really long time :) I might buy some used but max price is like 50 USD.

The American Bladesmith Society has declared a day of mourning.:crying::crytissue:

I wish :)

But remember I live in a country where:
A bottle of beer is 6 USD in a store and 20 USD in a bar
you get a 1000 USD fine for having your dog loose
a parking ticket is 130 USD
Going to a cinema is 22 USD a ticket
Where a Ford Mondeo 2.0 SCTi 203hk Titanium+ Powershift Stv is 95 532 USD

And I rather have a nice knife than a nice car :p

What is a Mondeo?

It is Ford's mid car for European market...the next-gen Ford Fusion and it will be sharing a platform, and most likely they will have similar styling.

I spotted a Mondeo mule that had the underpinnings of the new C-segment global platform on I-75 here in Detroit...they testing it right now.

Latest posts

Back