• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTT or sell zakuri 150 petty

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
i have a great little zakuri petty in blue 1 steel. im looking to try and trade it for another petty 150 or maybe 180 in stainless or semistainess steel. i just find myself using my petty knife for soo many acidic things that i would rather something not carbon. as you can see the kourochi finish is gone, is kinda just came off when i gave it a vinegar bath. if somebody would like to just buy it that would ofcourse be awesome too.as far as trades go i certainly wouldnt mind kickin in extra $$$ for something more expensive or even vice versa. thanks

Cool knife that i'd love to try. BUT, I don't have the goods you're after. Too bad.

See if you can get another pic that doesn't make it look recurved. It's messing with me. Haha

That was one of the petty's I looked at before settling on the gengetsu. aside from the steel choice, have you been pleased with it? I seem to recall hearing that it's pretty thick (at the spine) and heavy...?

its awesome. its capable of tougher work and theres no flex in blade. but its not too heavy. blue steel is great. it touches up so quickly.

I'm pretty sure it's just the light switch and finger placement in the pictures causing visual confusion.

Personally, I like pettys to be tough, so this would be a great buy, in my opinion.

I'm tempted, sounds like a fun one, but I'm still unsure seeing the photos. You've got some other photos on imageshack - a cleaver, a suji I think - and they're pretty clear and don't show distortion. Like Lefty mentioned above, the photos you've got make the geometry look off.

Too bad about the KU. If I buy, I'd redo the f&f which isn't a bad thing.

my second round of photos display pretty clearly the geometry and the condition of the knife. again, the geometry is how i recieved it from JKI and it has not been altered. however, it would be pretty easy to change it if desired.

WHY IS THIS STILL HERE?!?! I have a little Zakuri boning knife and have been very happy with it. If I didn't have 5 knives all in about that same length, I'd buy it.
Seriously, anyone considering this knife, should just buy it! You will never find a better made knife in Blue #1 at that price.

I have to much going out at this time to get it. I am tempted by it though. I also think the bst has been flooded at the moment with great buys.

Back