Quantcast
Serenity Knives passaround - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Serenity Knives passaround

Seriously, who turns down a free knife? Especially from a passionate new maker??

I appreciate the generous offer, but I need to spend more time with my own knives, not less.

Yeah, what Johnny said. Very cool of you, though, Son!
    09/06

Take a look around at: www.sharpandshinyshop.com

Email me at: tmclean@sharpandshinyshop.com

Looks like nobody wants in on the pass around except you two, I'll give it till Sunday and see what happens.
    I haven't lived the life I wanted, just the lives I needed too at the time.

i'll try it!

LOL, I think you might have biased a few against it in the description. Most people here seem to be either trying to find the style that fits them well, or know what they like and are looking for either perfection, or the gem in the rough that fits their style.

I wanna see an early offering from another Texas knife guy with every chance of making kick ass knives down the road. I like to see the progress of a craftsman (or lack thereof).

Quote Originally Posted by mc2442 View Post
    LOL, I think you might have biased a few against it in the description. Most people here seem to be either trying to find the style that fits them well, or know what they like and are looking for either perfection, or the gem in the rough that fits their style.
    Oh, I understand my review is rough, but it's honest. I'm not beating him up. I think he has potential and if he is willing to learn and except advice and knowledge from people who use and know knives on and intimate level, i think he'll go far. The passion is there, now he needs the experience and that comes with well experience.
    You know starting from the age of 15 to 25 I made over 300 knives with a 4 inch angle grinder, files, a railroad track anvil and a forge made out of a semi truck break drum. I would say the first 10 or so were knife like objects and each blade I got a little better and people started buying my stuff towards the end there I was getting a couple hundred bucks for a blade. I listened to every knife maker and hunter I could find and every one had an opinion and some of them were just plain wrong, but I listened and learned. I never took it to the next step, because it wasn't a passion for me, I just did it to see if I could. I wish I had the resources that we have now and forums like this were I could do a pass around and get instant feed back. I think he has the passion I never did and I hope more people can help him along ,by giving him some good honest criticism.

Good story! Unfortunately I do not think I could offer the critisism that he needs to improve his craft. I was not trying to belittle the up and comers, just rationalizing the lack of response.

oh, I know. no worries.