Masanobu Suji

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seems pricey for a VG-10. $400 can get you a lot of knife.... Masanobu always has very interesting handles, though....

I agree that its a little pricey for VG-10. Any suggestions on a better knife for the price?

I agree that its a little pricey for VG-10. Any suggestions on a better knife for the price?

There are so many options in that price range. Are you looking for stainless only?

Would the Hattori FH Suji be a better bang for the buck?

Yeah I am looking to stay with stainless for maintenance reasons.

gesshin ginga, sakai yusuke (you can message keiichi and get a 3 point bump in Hrc from 58 to 61 for a few more bucks), or kono ss are a bit more affordable than the masanobu

I wouldn't bother with the Hattori either, if you're looking to spend that much coin there are many better options

Suisin INOX
Geshin Ginga
******** Laser
Konosuke HH

These are other brands I am considering

I'd go with gesshin ginga.

i know several people who have the Masonobu either in gyuto or suji, they seem solid, stiff and well built. over priced IMO. VG-10 is pretty good but there are a lot of other stainless tool steels out there that will knock it down. Any of the Konosuke will do better for about 1/2 the price. and the R!chm0nd series probably does well too. the Seki's seem to get good reviews too. for a price increase there are a lot of custom options if your willing to go to 500$ Fowler makes some awesome suji's and so does Carter. dont be concerned with the rectivity even though they say its carbon. Carters wont patina for the most part and my Fowler in W2 has never patinad after a couple months of protiene work.

I have seen the MUCUSTA Zanmai knives and they seem very similar to the Masanobu's except without the nickle end cap.

Back