Marko Suji

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bechler

Reaction score
Has anyone used or seen the custom Suji Marko is making. I know he uses AEB-L steel and am curious as to what people think. If it's anything like his handles I'm sure it is impressive.

I have one of his sujis from his "practice" days as he was perfecting his craft. Mine's 52100 carbon. I reviewed it in the "reviews" section, but the bottom line is that it's the best knife I've ever used or even held.

I haven't tried one of his sujis but i have tried many knives from marko at all different stages of this past year and even with the first knife i was super impressed with the last one i was blown away. His knives are works or art that really work hard and can definitely handle just about anything. I know he works with different steels but i believe his main steel is 52100 and i agree its awesome. It is carbon but not super reactive at all and is tough and takes a hell of an edge.

I cant wait for my knife to get here! I may be a bit biased i haven't used any other (gyuto) customs from other makers, but Marko is making some of the best knives in my personal opinion. I hope one day to get a suji/petty from him. Mario is also on my list... really wish my paychecks would get bigger one day :)

I have one of his sujis in 52100 and love it. Mine was a little shorter (250mm) and had a slightly taller heel. I would say that it is easily in my top 5 knives.

k.

Latest posts

Back