Quantcast
Custom Sujihiki Mosaic damascus. WIP
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Custom Sujihiki Mosaic damascus. WIP

Custom Sujihiki Mosaic damascus. WIP

Hello and good day, this is one be mt first real post.. let me again introduce myself, My name is Randy Haas, HHH Custom knives.. And I am a steel addict! lol

Please bare with me as I learn how to add pohots on this forum. This is also the first time I have tried a WIP.. Work In Progress. So here goes nothin.

Yesterday Jr and I started this damascus billet for a custom Sujihiki if all goes to plan this knife will be a 285mm western style handled knife with mosaic damascus blade.. photos of the design will be posted after the billet is ready to forge.

After the billet is done I will post some photos of a paper pattern and show some of that process too.. I guess Im getting ahead of myself. lets see if I can figure out how to post photos

The blade will be 1095 and 15n20.. and here we have a few photos of the assembly of the billet and the first weld.

I guess I figured this pic thing out.. This is the very first step in the process. and I will continue to add more steps to this post if theres any interest in this.. I dont want to overstep or step on anyones toes hear, just want to have fun and show the process for what I believe will be one of the finest kitchen knives we have made so far! and I figured you guys and gals would like to see the process..

Please post any comment or questions..
    God Bless
    Randy

Inspired by God, Forged by Fire, Tempered by Water, Grounded by Earth, Guided by the spirit.. Randy Haas

Availible Knives

The pattern We are shooting for will be a 4 way mosaic explosion pattern. in order to start the WWW effect.. The billet must be re squared. then biased when drawn out.

Here it is drawn out

I know its not a kitchen knife, But it is a mosaic pattern we made a couple weeks ago.. It was intended to be this kitchen knife, But I wasnt totally happy with the pattern, so we are gona make some changes to this one and see if it meets my expectations.

Thats it for now.. As we build this billet I will try and get more photos. And keep this post updated.

Inspired by God, Forged by Fire, Tempered by Water, Grounded by Earth, Guided by the spirit.. Randy Haas

Availible Knives

Very cool! Looking forward to the next round of pics. Thanks for sharing!

Awesome, Good to here WildBoar! Ill try and keep this updated..

Mods.. can you please change the title on this somhow I managed to say this was gona be a Gyutou?!?! When in fact its a Sujihiki.. Thanks..

Randy

Availible Knives

Very nice. Keep it going.
    -M

I love WIP!
    Impressive damascus! Cant wait for more pics!!! wow

The alleles created by mutation may be beneficial

That damascus is insane. More pictures please?

i too really am enjoying the pictures getting to use the pretty knives is fun but all the more fun when you see all the work that goes into them.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew H View Post
    That damascus is insane. More pictures please?
    Thanks Guys, Looks like its gona be a couple days B4 I can update with new photos. Randy Jr. Had something come up and has been busy helping a friend move. Im the mean time, I will post a few more pics of some of our damascus.. Stay tuned, Well get back on track with this WIP soon!

Randy

Availible Knives

wow, those are some really cool patterns!