Quantcast
Custom Sujihiki Mosaic damascus. WIP - Page 4
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Custom Sujihiki Mosaic damascus. WIP

I had hoped to get some progress on this one but so far this week has had me running in circles..

Ill post up pics of the finished knife ASAP.

Thanks for checking out the WIP.
    Randy

Inspired by God, Forged by Fire, Tempered by Water, Grounded by Earth, Guided by the spirit.. Randy Haas

240mm Stainless Gyuto!!

Dang! I wish I realized where you live before...I was just about 20 minutes away this weekend!
    09/06

Take a look around at: www.sharpandshinyshop.com

Email me at: tmclean@sharpandshinyshop.com

Lefty, Look me up next time you in the area!

OK, so this project has been dragged out lots longer then intended and I really am thankful for a patient and understanding customer.

Im super stoked at how this turned out. Its exactly as I had envisioned this from the start. The knife is my version of a Sujihiki. And may very well be the finest kitchen knife I have made to date! Handles are Corian and the bolsters are mosaic damascus. With brass and copper mosaic pins and full thorn and vine filework.

The blade is 288mm long Overall length its 407 mm. At the heel its 45mm high. Blade thickness at the spine is 3.05mm tapering to the tip.

Thanks for checking out the WIP I look forward to hearing your feedback on the knife.

Randy, HHH Knives

Inspired by God, Forged by Fire, Tempered by Water, Grounded by Earth, Guided by the spirit.. Randy Haas

240mm Stainless Gyuto!!

That work you did along the spine and into the tang is gorgeous. Someone should be really stoked when they receive this knife.

I must say WOW,
    this one is real pleasure to look at.

Really nice knife!

Thanks Guys, Its great to hear from other knife Nuts!!! Im glad you guys and gals liked the WIP. It was my first time ever doing one and we had alot of fun with it.
    If this is something you all would like to see more of, We may be able to do another WIP some time in the near future..

Making this knife was fun and very challenging.. We are gona continue to make kitchen knives just that reason..

If And when I get some feedback from my customer. I will try and remember to add it to this post.

Randy

240mm Stainless Gyuto!!

Randy,
    That turned out beautiful! One of these days, i would love to come check out your shop and shoot the breeze.
    Great looking piece!

Mike

Mike, That would be cool! Give me a call sometime and we can make a plan. Thanks for the complement on the knife!

240mm Stainless Gyuto!!

Mike,

Shoot me a email. randy@hhhcustomknives.com. I was thinking the first part of October..

Maybe we can get a few other guys that would like to visit on a Sunday in October, and make a plan.

240mm Stainless Gyuto!!

+ Reply to Thread