Quantcast
Katos in Stock - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Katos in Stock

These knives sound like a real find. Aren't many around too. Shhhh!! I don't like light, and I think the mass would suit me.

Not that it matters if they perform so well, but which steel is it? I've only seen that it's 'carbon clad'. A review has mentioned it's not very reactive, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Cutty Sharp View Post
    These knives sound like a real find. Aren't many around too. Shhhh!! I don't like light, and I think the mass would suit me.

Not that it matters if they perform so well, but which steel is it? I've only seen that it's 'carbon clad'. A review has mentioned it's not very reactive, though.
    Once you have used it for a week you don't even notice how much it weighs (until you pick up a laser gyuto and it feels like a kids toy )

I think the steel is a "secret" but I heard someone say the thought it was similar to white#1?, and the cladding is not very reactive at all, It patinas quite slowly, and even when the patina is removed it will only cause slight discoloration on onions, and no carbon smell.
    Huw
    In order to make delicious food, you must eat delicious food. Jiro Ono

I can tell you it is a top performing knife IME. I do not feel the weight at all, and I do not like heavy knives. The cutting performance is just super for me.
    I also have a 180 petty, it has completely overtaken all cutting task that used to do with a 210 suji/petty before.
    Gets nice patina no smell, no food discoloration. The steel is something special, I got the guyto may be 3-4 weeks ago and sharpened it onece and still going strong. I do not strop my knives, and this one beat my Shigefusa easily as far as edge retention goes.

Yeah, I've read some of what you guys have written elsewhere. This one sounds like a freak of nature.

Me, I think I prefer 'bird with bald head'!

無毛と鳥 - perhaps I will have this kanji on my own line of knives.
    very funny!!!!!

@Maxim: if you like "馬車馬" this Kanji , I rest my case! sorry for all the commotion

Maxim (or anyone that knows) - do the Katos come with saya?

Quote Originally Posted by cclin View Post
    @Maxim: if you like "馬車馬" this Kanji , I rest my case! sorry for all the commotion
    Ah, don't worry about it! You're just telling people what you think. Breath of fresh air, I say.

No saya
    Huw
    In order to make delicious food, you must eat delicious food. Jiro Ono

Maksim will you be stocking any of their single bevel knives?

Sponsors
    I will get one Yanagi next month but they are in the big price range.
    All his single beveled is quite expensive

When are 270's going to be in stock?

-Chuck

+ Reply to Thread