Hi from London

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swift_t

Reaction score
Hi there ladies and gentlemen,
I'm a complete and utter novice when it come to the world of kitcken knives and as such have come along to this wonderful forum to learn and gain some knowledge from you wise birds out there.
I am quitte passionate about cooking and find nothing more frustrating then having blunt or poor quality tools!
I already have my very first kikuichi high carbon gyuto on its way to start the collection and would really like a moritaka petty to accompany it. However there seems to be very limited availability to acquire them over here in the UK which is a bummer!
Thanks for reading
:D

Welcome. Yes you are correct, the UK isn't the best for buying knives sadly, the only shops that sell good knives are scandalously overpriced and there is literally no shop in the UK I'd buy knives from. Buying from the US/Japan is definitely worth it if you can stomach the import fees and all that. I hope you like it here and learn a lot

Welcome to the Knut House! You can always shop with Japanese Chefs Knives, and there is a fairly decent maker over there in Herefordshire, I hear.........

:doublethumbsup:Thanks for the kind welcomes and imput guys, much appreciated

Welcome to the forum, UK is poor for knife buying, unless you go custom :D. There are some web stores in France, Germany and Switzerland but they're still pricy. Maxim gets some good stuff too.
JCK often avoids import duties, but everywhere else will usually incur 20%+fees.
Any questions ask away

Back