Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ham knife I believe...Sab experts?

I believe that this has been called a ham slicer by many manufacturers but this is technically a beef/meat slicer (that is also used for ham) whereas a true ham slicer has a pointed tip that looks like it's broken but isn't. The rounded tip was introduced for serving lines where the need for a pointless knife shaped object was necessary for safer plating.

Ohhhhh...

Ham slicer(?)

09/06

Take a look around at: www.sharpandshinyshop.com

Email me at: tmclean@sharpandshinyshop.com

Great! Misono's kid's knife!

Quote Originally Posted by ajhuff View Post
    It's a ham knife. The Glestain Salmon slicer is the modern version of it. It's called a ham knife because it is round on the end. When working at a buffet station slicing ham you can use the knife to put the slice of ham on the customer's plate with no danger of accidentally stabbing the customer.

-AJ
    Ooo... hmmm. I'm going to start looking at the salmon slicer completely differently now.

Thanks for the explination!

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Martell View Post
    I believe that this has been called a ham slicer by many manufacturers but this is technically a beef/meat slicer (that is also used for ham) whereas a true ham slicer has a pointed tip that looks like it's broken but isn't. The rounded tip was introduced for serving lines where the need for a pointless knife shaped object was necessary for safer plating.
    I'm going to have to google image this...

Thanks for the explanation!

Quote Originally Posted by Lefty View Post
    Ohhhhh...

Ham slicer(?)

LOLOL Clearly, yes.

No joke though, that thing is sharp. I was an idiot and let my guard down holding it, then cut myself with it. I felt silly for the rest of the day.

True! The Misono kids' knife is actually a very cool, very useable little knife! I know someone in the industry who has a thing for them. Haha. The worst part is...I completely get it! They're very cool!
    09/06

Take a look around at: www.sharpandshinyshop.com

Email me at: tmclean@sharpandshinyshop.com

Quote Originally Posted by Lefty View Post
    True! The Misono kids' knife is actually a very cool, very useable little knife! I know someone in the industry who has a thing for them. Haha. The worst part is...I completely get it! They're very cool!
    Especially with a custom handle from Dave.

http://www.kitchenknifeforums.com/sh...ll=1#post91688

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny.B.Good View Post
    Especially with a custom handle from Dave.

http://www.kitchenknifeforums.com/sh...ll=1#post91688
    Holy damn!! Thats awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Korin_Mari View Post
    Ooo... hmmm. I'm going to start looking at the salmon slicer completely differently now.

Thanks for the explination!
    It's a great knife. I love using it for buffet service. It's also excellent for cutting cheese cake. I've seen a few places that serve smoked salmon on a buffet. Again, the rounded tip you don't have to worry about accidentally stabbing someone.

http://korin.com/Indented-Blade-Salm...ategory=280093

-AJ