Just got my 23x28x2" maple board!!!!! I love it! (pics)

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fits perfectly, nice job David. Congrats on the new addition.

Sweet looking board.

It's so cool to be able to order the highest quality board in the perfect size for your space.

Congrats.

really beautiful...

you have such a nice kitchen too! so jealous

Thanks guys, for the compliments! We're still breaking in the kitchen and only had one dinner party since moving in this past June. We loooove to cook and can't wait to get ripping on this board! We've been making due with little rectangle plastic boards from Ikea. My 10" knife barely fits on those things. I'm happy to have room to work cleanly and safely. The Mrs. has already threatened that we need another one or two for the other counters! I guess my fishing budget will have to take the hit....

Sure is a beauty. Just watch out for the heat from your range top. Cutting boards are typically placed next to the sink to they're easy to clean. But I guess you have another vision in mind. In any event, enjoy.

I purposely left 2-3" of room next to the range. I expect it to be enough, I hope.... I do a ton of cutting and dropping into the pan which is why I placed the board there. The other counters are as deep, so maybe I'll move it if I find it inconvenient, or maybe get another board near the sink next.

Nice! I've got my eye on one of these....need to build my reserves up first though.....unless someone knows where the power-ups are for this level? :cheeky:

Congratulations. I have a maple magnum board from Dave. Don't know how I ever prepped and cooked before I got it.

Nice! I've got my eye on one of these....need to build my reserves up first though.....unless someone knows where the power-ups are for this level? :cheeky:

Easy...take the warp drain down to level 3c. When you get past the third sliding shell, it's in the mystery block above you. Careful, because you have to time this one right, or you might just get a coin.

Great board!!!

I wanted to ask if there was a reason for the fit rather than flat?

Feet? From the Boardsmith FAQ:

You use rubber tipped feet. Why? - The rubber tips do four things; absorb shocks when chopping, keep the board steady and stable during use, allow for easier handhold when moving and gives a space for air circulation to keep the underside dry.

Can I get a board without feet, double sided? - On request I will be happy to leave them off. However, during use you will need to put something under the board to keep it stable and extreme care must to be taken to make sure it isn't sitting in moisture while not being used.

Back