Quantcast
New gig - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New gig

So if they were that good then it can only get better right?

Awesome, congrats!

Inspired by God, Forged by Fire, Tempered by Water, Grounded by Earth, Guided by the spirit.. Randy Haas

Availible Knives

Charlotte, NC AKA The Queen City! The lint-filled belly button of the south.
    Congrats, I hope to make a move in the near future as well. Our line of work is hard enough, being proud of our work is key to remaining as sane as possible!
    If "Its" and "Buts" was candy and nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas
    -Cleon "Slammin'" Salmon

Congrats and good luck on the new job!

Quote Originally Posted by knyfeknerd View Post
    Congrats, I hope to make a move in the near future as well. Our line of work is hard enough, being proud of our work is key to remaining as sane as possible!
    I agree. It is funny my Mom I think was the one who has had the hardest time dealing with the change. One she liked being able to say her son was a head chef, but also she really loved the menu I put together there.

She understands though and believes that I know what I am doing, and she supports things, my wife on the other hand is the one who pushed me to look for other things, as she could easily see while I was happy and still enjoyed my work that the joy of the place was gone. I really can't wait to get in there and get going.

Congrats on the job! I remember my first Sous position at a sushi bar. Uchi/Uchiko was quite an experience. I hope you get as much out of your's as I did out of mine!

Quote Originally Posted by chefwatson View Post
    Congrats on the job! I remember my first Sous position at a sushi bar. Uchi/Uchiko was quite an experience. I hope you get as much out of your's as I did out of mine!
    Get out of Town. I'm reading Tyson's book right now (uchi) and I am a big fan of his and Paul Qui from seeing Paul compete on Top Chef. That is hilarious that you mention Uchi. Our owner wants us to create a similar feel and philosophy here. Not out and out copy but apply some of those ideas and look to achieve some that atmosphere and pacing and coursing of things like they use. That is quite the place to get a start at awesome for you my man

Congratulations! Will make my way up there soon. I have been job hunting in slc the train is going to make life really good for me.