Quantcast
New gig
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New gig

New gig

Today i officially sign the papers to start as the sous for a local Japanese restaurant. I'm ver excited wanted to work here for years. It is possibly the best sushi spot in Salt Lake, and while i won't be doing too much with that i do get to mostly run the main kitchen. Leaving a gig as head chef but at a struggling and poorly run place that i improved as much as i could but in the end the long commute (50minutes one way) and owner who won't spend money to pay for needed repairs were the end. That and his 19 yr old daughter acts like she runs the place and gets away with anything i couldn't do it any more. I'm super pumped for this and to be back in downtown SLC.

Sweet, congrats. Good thing you won't have to drive that canyon during winter anymore. Will have to stop by and check out the new place when you get established.

Awesome!! Grats on the new gig! The change of pace should re energize you.
    Starting this harvest I'm a starving startling artist/
    Lyrical arsonist it's arduous spitting this smartest arsenic/

Congrats, glad you are happy with the new gig.

Congratulations.

I hope it's everything you expect it to be and more.

wyoming, closer to nowhere than somewhere.
    I know I am liking my change of type of cuisine. Granted I am only washing dishes but the change of style is very therapeutic, and fun to see something new.

Gratz on the new gig. Hope it turns out the way you want it to.
    Chewie's the man.

The incredibly sophisticated Boise, ID <g>
    Congrats!! Must be a relief and sometimes enough is enough. Nothin' worse than working with the boss' kids. ;-)

You should get a couple of new kiritsukeium to go with the new life. Congratulations.
    Everywhere you go, there you are.

Congratulations! It sounds like a great move!
    Spike C
    "The Buddha resides as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain."
    Pirsig

Quote Originally Posted by Seth View Post
    You should get a couple of new kiritsukeium to go with the new life. Congratulations.
    Yeah probably end up being a usuba or mukimono over the next year already have a deba and the kiritsuke handles anything yangiba related. Handles usuba related tasks too perhaps I'll just end up even more profficient with it. I'm most excited to work with people who care about their knives like i do.

For those in the Salt Lake area it is the "Naked Fish Japanese Bistro" Swing by I don't start till next tuesday, but you'll be hard pressed to find sushi better than they have there (my opinion which I had before I worked there)

I just got out of a meeting with the owner, he is great. There are things in the works that if we do our things correctly over the next will move us out beyond the eye of local media and hopefully bring us some national attention.

+ Reply to Thread