• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Dave Martell 240 Western Gyuto for sale

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

welshstar

Reaction score
Hi

Its amazing but over the last 18 months of being here ive accumulated a collection of 14 knives !! i now have ended up with some duplicates and knives that while great are just not being used enough. Im the type of person who only has one of everything, even though this is a great knife its time to let it go to home it will get use it deserves. It pains me to let it go but it equally pains me to see it sitting in the block all lonely and forgotten.

The knife is a Martell 240 gytuo with Marks desert ironwood on the handle, it is in pretty much as new condition with the exception of some patina on the blade, the patina a little spotty as its only been very lightly used. The knife is still screaming sharp with Daves original edge.

The knife can be seen in the original pics posted by Dave who does a far better job that I ever could taking the pics, it will ship in the original knife case from Dave. It is post 186 in the following link, I am asking $375 shipped and insured CONUS, paypal is a gift or fees paid by the buyer, your choice. As im sure you are aware a new Martell is $500 + the wood + wait time so i think the price is fair one for an excellent knife, this was a $70 block of ironwood.

http://www.kitchenknifeforums.com/showthread.php/2188-Martell-Knives-A-Gallery/page19

Any questions please let me know

Alan

Wow. That ironwood is gorgeous!

Wow...my wife just asked what I want for our anniversary...too much(?)
This is absolutely destroying my resolve....

wow.... i dont know if I've ever seen one of these for sale. I've had a Martel on my list for a long time.. PM sent

Hi

Thanks, knife is SPF to one of two buyers to contact me, I have sent PM to each.

Alan

Damn I want that thing. Drooling... Congrats to whoever gets this. Great deal too!

Latest posts

Back