burn in hell

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Burke

Reaction score
forest fire burning with in four miles of my shop and house. They have started evacuation down the road a couple of miles. I don't know wheather to keep working or start moving stuff to a safer place.

Yikes, hope it gets contained. Keep us posted.

How are conditions out there? Wet / Dry. Those fires move quick, wouldn't be surprised it they hit you sooner vs. later. You may want to have some stuff loaded up just in case.

Wow that is really bad news Bill, hope the fire does not touch your property.

forest fire burning with in four miles of my shop and house. They have started evacuation down the road a couple of miles. I don't know wheather to keep working or start moving stuff to a safer place.

Four miles? Pack up and go. It's better safe than sorry.

How are conditions out there? Wet / Dry. Those fires move quick, wouldn't be surprised it they hit you sooner vs. later. You may want to have some stuff loaded up just in case.

It is hot and dry here. no rain in something like 78 days. we also had 68 days with temps above 95.

I say put sprinklers on the roofs and leave them running and get out.
We have been lucky here this year.

I was just strolling fb and saw a pic of this

fire whirl.jpg

Called a fire whirl. Be safe, no matter what you do.

I found this online.
SALMON, Idaho (Reuters) - A volunteer firefighter in Idaho was arrested on Tuesday on suspicion of deliberately setting a forest fire that has destroyed one home and was threatening hundreds of others northeast of Boise, the state capital.

The suspect, Nathaniel Fay Bartholomew, 18, of Boise, was jailed on a single count of arson in connection with a blaze that has charred 250 acres of rugged state-managed Ponderosa pine, brush and grasslands since erupting Monday afternoon, officials said.

I would probably end up an arsonist if my name was Nathaniel Fay Bartholomew.

Be safe!!! Fires move way to fast to take a chance.

So far it is not coming my way. we could se flames from the living room windows las night. i was grinding a billet this morning and caught some dead grass on fire next to the shop got that out no problem but quit forging one little spark out the hood in the wrong place and :Ooooh:!!!!!!. heres a picture http://media.kboi2.com/images/120919_karney_fire7.jpg for those of you who want to take a look.

Scary Bill.

I would pack whatever irreplaceable items I could into my car/s and be ready to leave at a moment's notice.

Will be thinking good thoughts for you until the danger passes.

Glad you are safe Bill. Hope everything stays good for you

Please be Safe Bill... those are some scary flames...

Plese keep us posted and hope for the best!

My cousin lives in Boise, says it's pretty creepy, all the smoke and no people on the streets.

My thoughts are with you and those in your area. Stay safe!

Whoa. If I were there, I'd burn a ring around my property. We used to do controlled burns for grass management on the Ranch in south Texas, lots of huisache and salt grass paired with droughts, it was like living in a tinderbox.

Personally, I would do a controlled burn on my bike's rear tire and GET THE ^&(( OUT OF THERE!!!!!

Hax the Cook CLEAVERS RULE!!! :D

We have thought about a controlled burn to create a wider line than we have but with how hot and dry it is here we are afraid that a controlled burn would be uncontrollable. If the fire starts getting very close then we will fire the hot side of the line so that we can at least pick when and where we want it to burn, but we will wait and see. It sounds like they have it mostly contained so no worries I HOPE.

Back