Quantcast
Recommendations for the Twin Cities? - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Recommendations for the Twin Cities?

Anyone try Fika at the Swedish Institute?

k.
    "There's only one thing I hate more than lying…skim milk, which is water that's lying about being milk." -- Ron Swanson

Nope, but Ive heard some very good things about it... I want to remember.. I think there was an article on the MSPMag a couple of issues ago where they mentioned Fica and were praising Scandinavian cuisine in the TC.

Have to try that one out! Thanks for reminding me!

So I was going to go to the Food and Wine Experience at Target Field and also try Fika -- BUT the effen babysitter was a no show. No call, no email, no show.

Btw, Rotie Cellars is going to be at the F&W Experience event. The southern rhone white that I brought to the MSP gathering was from this maker. They are one of the best in Walla Walla IMO.

k.
    "There's only one thing I hate more than lying…skim milk, which is water that's lying about being milk." -- Ron Swanson

I will be at the show tomorrow. Good excuse for attendees to get day-drunk. The event is a pain in the a$$ for me but everyone with a drink in there hand usually seems to have a great time. Plus the beer vendors use modeling agencies for their staffing which never hurts.

Had a white rhone at Burch on wed night. I will have to track down Rotie Cellars and trade food for drinks. Burch was fantastic BTW. Much more Germanic/Eastern Euro inspired than I ever would have guessed. Bone Marrow Dumplings....mmmmm.

Dropped in to Charlie's place two weeks ago. The house made "cheez-its" (don't know what else to call them), gougeres, harissa chicken sandwich, and loaded grilled cheese all exceeded expectations. Those long cut potato chips are also the real deal. Will be back. Often.

The best Washington State wine producers there are probably Rotie, Long Shadows, Dunham, Northstar, Basel, and Dusted Valley.

k.

Looks like I may be headed up to the Cities for a few days for a work project. I will definitely be hitting a few of these spots along with trying to meet up with Chuckles. I will let you all know if the project gets approved. Tentatively it is scheduled for the week of March 18th. Hope this works out, it has been a while since I have been up there.