ARRRRrrrrrrr!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lucretia

Reaction score
Knife wench wishing you all a happy Talk Like a Pirate Day!

:pirate1:

Love your tagline! Terry Pratchett is a mad genius!

Yeah, I've been meaning to comment on that for awhile too. If anyone on here was going to have a Terry Pratchett tag line, I my not surprised/ couldn't imagine a better person than Lucretia.

...and harrrrrrr's wishin' yarr a harrppy Talk Like a Pirate Day as well. Too bad it didn't fall on a Sat-AAAAARRRRRRR-day.

Sir Terry is just about my favorite author. I just wish the tagline was long enough for the entire passage. It made me think of some of the knives and makers on this forum:

"It was long and and shiny. It looked like something some genius of metalwork--one of those little Zen guys who works only by the light of dawn and can beat a club sandwich of folded steels into something with the cutting edge of a scalpel and the stopping power of a sex-crazed rhinoceros on bad acid--had made and then retired in tears because he'd never, ever, do anything so good again. There were so many jewels on the hilt it had to be sheathed in velvet, you had to look at it through smoked glass. Just laying a hand on it practically conferred kingship." (Guards! Guards!)

One of these days I'm going to come across the passage that describes how Death sharpens a borrowed scythe and post it.

Arrrrrr! :pirate1:

Arggh - Dread Pirate Vane says ye landlubbers should wrestle up a hardy wench n a pint of grog! :pirate1:

Avast! No hardy wenches for me! I'm looking for Long John Silver! :pirate1:

Back