shigefusa, where to buy?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bechler

Reaction score
Where can one purchase a shig gyuto? Just curious as I rarely see them.

You could try maksim or rakuten, they are both out now, but rakuten has been rolling through quite a few shig's lately, i believe maxim has a mailing list for when he gets them in...jww doesn't update, so it always looks like they are in stock...good luck! Rakuten currently has nakiri, yanabiba and petty's in stock.

Just sign up on Maxim's Shig mailing list. I just got a Shig yanagi from him through the list. Great experience, and Shigs are worth every penny! Good luck.

Japan woodworker looks like they have them on their website, as has been stated before. However if you call or e-mail them, Coleen (I think that's her name) will e-mail you the list in stock. Having said that - they've never had a gyuto in stock when I've checked - but they have had some yanagis.

As everyone has already suggested, Maxim has a separate Shig e-mail list. Sign up for that list. He sends it around when he has stock - and then it's a first come first serve that goes extremely fast (we're talking hours :D). Good luck!

lololol that is great..."What is Maxim?"

I remember that feeling very clearly. Lots of first-name-basis around here.

Takeshi over at Aframes has some new old stock kitaeji yanagibas in various sizes at the moment

Back