Quantcast
Hello from Utah - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hello from Utah

Welcome. Toji bread knife is hard to beat, unless you go to a Gude. It's marginally over your budget, but the Gengetsu wa petty is fantastic. I think Zweifel (sp?) on these forums has done a full review. Many choices for a suji...I'm fond of some high end knives over your budget, but honestly, they are not much better than the Hattori forum suji at JCK, which should be under $250. It's true folks here aren't in love with the steel, but it's the kind of knife you don't have to baby and can touch up for service every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Namaxy View Post
    Welcome. Toji bread knife is hard to beat, unless you go to a Gude. It's marginally over your budget, but the Gengetsu wa petty is fantastic. I think Zweifel (sp?) on these forums has done a full review. Many choices for a suji...I'm fond of some high end knives over your budget, but honestly, they are not much better than the Hattori forum suji at JCK, which should be under $250. It's true folks here aren't in love with the steel, but it's the kind of knife you don't have to baby and can touch up for service every day.
    Thanks Namaxy. Does the handle on the Gengetsu feel comfortable? I have never held a handle that had burnt wood.

Welcome