William Bonney was a Dishwasher

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steeley

GoogleFu San
Founding Member
Reaction score
William Bonney aka Billy the kid was a dishwasher at the Stratford Hotel now known as Shakespeare, New Mexico
it was a watering hole for the Butterfield Overland Stage to San Francisco and a stop for the pony express.
It became a ghost town in 1893 when the silver mine closed and the railroad came through to the town of Lordsburg , New Mexico 3 miles away.
it is now owned by the hill family which gives tours on the weekend.
MiOTh.jpg
[/IMG]

looking down into town with Lordsburg in the distance.

n0cu5.jpg
[/IMG]

The restaurant.

The kitchen.
ekDj4.png
[/IMG]

9yl2d.png
[/IMG]

Where Billy the kid wash dishes.
hTy61.png
[/IMG]

Blacksmith shop.
EHnId.png
[/IMG]

Cool, never knew about that. No wonder he ended up shooting people...;)

Stefan

In the above tin type photo of Billy it was long thought he was a left handed but the is a mirror image .
He was ambidextrous, but primarily right-handed. Due to the reverse image of the only known photograph of Billy the Kid, it gave the incorrect impression that he was left-handed because his revolver is positioned on the left side. Someone finally realized the imaged was flipped by looking at the Winchester rifle.

jxxG6s.png
[/IMG]

That kitchen and smithy makes my heart go pitty-pat. I'd move my family out there if it weren't in the desert and far from anyone we know.

That kitchen and smithy makes my heart go pitty-pat. I'd move my family out there if it weren't in the desert and far from anyone we know.

Be careful what you wish for .

Manny Hough is the last member of the family that owns the ghost town.
here is a part of a 2010 article .

Manny has built a small apartment, hoping to find a retired couple to live there, rent-free, and assume the tourism duties and handle the odd jobs around the place. He also wants to give the rights to his property—free of charge—to a nonprofit organization with a track record of preserving and running historic sites like Shakespeare.

Whoever steps up to the plate will get a remarkable piece of history, still alive and looking something like it did on that day in 1879., the Shakespeare For somebody today, the town just might be a golden egg.

here is your nearest neighbor.
KXWG3.png
[/IMG]

My wife and I discussed this kind of thing a week ago. We came to the odd conclusion that it would be taking the easy way out of our lives and roles. I know, it's odd to think that living that way would be easier...but for us it would mean a much easier life.

Back