New shiny for sale!!!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Davis

Reaction score
After almost a year of messing with this thing, i am finally done!!! 3.26mm at spine with a full distal taper, It is a 278.4 mmm on edge damascus suji with musk ox handle, african blackwood ferrule and butt cap, copper and polished damascus spacers. Handle length is 149mm dimensions are 20x25.7mm at the heel and 18.7x 20.8 at the ferrule. Will have saya( still need to make) and a intricately tooled leather sheath( will get pics up later tonight) The damascus is around 380 layers, and it was the one i helped forge at Randy's hammer in last year!!! Price is $1350 shipped insured and delivery confirmation!!!
Thanks for looking!!!
2012-09-20_16-54-39_874_zps811593cf.jpg

2012-09-20_16-55-00_538_zps115bc23e.jpg

2012-09-20_16-56-42_922_zps6d19e7a1.jpg

2012-09-20_16-56-53_652_zps241773d1.jpg

2012-09-20_16-56-32_704_zps5148643b.jpg

As always, first I'll take it, gets it!!!

wow love that wood. great photo work on that. I would say "I'll take it", but funds are way to tied up atm for that. I'm sure this won't be here long.

Might have taken a year but the results are worth it, beautiful knife!

Hell yeah! Mike, you're a talented, talented guy!

dammm!! that is one good looking knife:bigeek: for the $1k+ price, I have to check my bank account first:helpsos:

Thanks guys :) I forgot to add it is 235 grams and balance point is about an inch in front of the ferrule, almost dead on the heel.

Yes...yes it will. Gonna cry a bit when this goes, but at the same time will be glad to have it done and gone lol

It kinda looks magical, for some reason. Or is that just me?

That is superb in so many ways! I loved the design of the handle ever since you started the thread!

Congratulations Mike!:spin chair:

If I wasnt waiting on my HHH suji, I would so slap down that cash right now. That is sweet!

Beautiful Mike, is this the kind of stuff we get when we don't hear from you for a while???
If so, carry on!
The blade is fabulous, and the handle is so gorgeous......it almost reminds me of honeycomb.
The talent level on this forum is unbelievable. I wish I had enough cash to own a piece by everyone, especially this one.
Congrats Mike, your baby is stunning

That's quite the show piece, beautiful work!

Stefan

Mike that is a beautiful piece of work. Wish I had the funding right now, but I am trying to take a purchasing hiatus for the time being. Where's Oivind when you need him? Maybe Lucretia will see it and get the itch.

I saw it and thought it had Oivond written all over it, as well. Someone should show him :)

I immediately thought of Bulldogbacchus. But then again, its not like he needs anymore absurdly nice knives.

I think I was starring at the musk ox too long...pulled me in like a crystal ball. I saw things....

HAHAHAHAHA!! Thanks guys :) Really glad you like it. Had to resist the temptation to put it to hard use already today, as it is, i had to cut with it :D

Back