Chop Shop

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hattorichop

Reaction score
Welcome to Hattorichop's Chop Shop,

I will be posting photos here of everything I make related to kitchen knives.
I will start by showing you my 300mm kikuichi suji I just finished converting from western to wa.
I used a piece of spalted sycamore I picked up from Mark at Burl Source.
View attachment 10104
I almost forgot to take a before picture.
View attachment 10105
Here is the finished product, the black spacer is a piece of ebony from the original scales on the knife.

Nice, but I want to see some pics of the actual shop itself too.
Are you going to do any westerns?

Here is my Masakage 240mm gyuto I rehandled with a piece of ironwood burl I got from Randy at HHH knives.

IMG_3510.JPG

IMG_3491.jpg

IMG_3440.JPG

HaHa, I guess my title was a little misleading. The coffee table you see in the picture is pretty much my shop.
I also make stained glass lamps and such and I do all my glass cutting and soldering there. I do use my power tools outside on the picnic table but I do all the finishing on the coffee table.
I just though Hattorichop's Chop Shop had a nice ring to it.

Nice, but I want to see some pics of the actual shop itself too.
Are you going to do any westerns?

Beautiful work Karl. The new handle on that masakage makes me wish I had taken you up on your offer to use it. The new handle is soo much better,but I was pleasantly suprised with the quality of the stock handle on mine.

Knyfeknerd, I do want to try a western re-handle on one of my own knives. Dave makes it look pretty easy but I have a feeling it will be quite a challenge.

Mike, the offer still stands if you want to give it a go.

Very nice work.
....all of them.
Thank you for posting the photos.
I really enjoy seeing them.

Especially step by step ones while you are doing the work.
hint....hint

BTW: I found another block of stabilized olive burl that I could donate if you were inclined to do a WIP with step by step photos.

Very nice work.
....all of them.
Thank you for posting the photos.
I really enjoy seeing

them.

Especially step by step ones while you are doing the work.
hint....hint

BTW: I found another block of stabilized olive burl that I could donate if you were inclined to do a WIP with step by step photos.

Wow, that's an extremely generous offer Mark.
I'll definatly take you up on that.
I'll have to bone up on my photography skills.

Beautiful work Karl. What kind of knife is that on the bottom?

I love our work man very beautiful! I like the fact that you coffee table is your work shop hahaha, its kinda like what my living room and coffee table is turning into ! hahaha

Amazing! One of the weirdest handles I've seen in terms of choice of different materials but somehow the final result is just great!

Back