Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Feeling guilty

Feeling guilty

Hubby has to have a medical procedure tomorrow morning. He got his instructions from the doctor a week or so ago. I didn't read them, and figured if there was something I needed to know, he'd tell me. In the meantime, I pulled a big pork butt and a couple of racks of baby back ribs out of the freezer to put on the smoker. He waited until the last minute to let me know that there were a bunch of dietary restrictions he had to follow this week, but the pork needed to be cooked or go bad. So he's on a liquid diet & purging today, and the house is full of the smell of smoked pork. So I feel a little guilty.

But I ate some ribs and drank some beer anyway.
    Now is not the time to bother me. And it's always now. Wiley Miller

Eat more ribs, drink more beer.

And rightly so Evil Temptress!!!
    Though I could not caution all I still might warn a few; Don't raise your hand to raise no flag atop no ship of fools. - Robert Hunter

Well, you can't let it go to waste, might as well finish it off.

Hey! I like that idea! And he won't be able to have beer for a few days, so I'd be a good woman to finish it off too so it doesn't sit around tempting him!
    Now is not the time to bother me. And it's always now. Wiley Miller

Out of sight - out of mind. Who cares how it gets out of sight right? Good luck with ridding the house of temptation.

Pack it with some dry ice and send it down here, I will be happy to assuage your guilt!
    Spike C
    "The Buddha resides as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain."
    Pirsig

Charlotte, NC AKA The Queen City! The lint-filled belly button of the south.
    That is so wrong! Evil Evil Evil!!! Puree up some butt and make him a BBQ buttshake. Thin it out with beer.
    If "Its" and "Buts" was candy and nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas
    -Cleon "Slammin'" Salmon

Quote Originally Posted by Lucretia View Post
    ..... So he's on a liquid diet & purging today, and the house is full of the smell of smoked pork. So I feel a little guilty.

But I ate some ribs and drank some beer anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by knyfeknerd View Post
    That is so wrong! Evil Evil Evil!!! Puree up some butt and make him a BBQ buttshake. Thin it out with beer.
    Spike C
    "The Buddha resides as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain."
    Pirsig