new green stone

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sachem allison

Reaction score
Hello, guys

A long time ago I posted about my life long search for a jade sharpening stone.:detective: I was finally able to track one down from a friend of a friend who has a cousin, who married a guy, whose brother works for an uncle who owns a jadeite mine in a country formerly know as B?rma:O. lol Or something like that. After I received it, My health kinda took a dump and the medical bills piled up and so on and so forth and I had to sell it. :sad0:
Well, I was sitting here a week or so ago and read Steeley's post on jade knives, when it suddenly dawned on me. I know people from all over the world who supply me with stuff from all over the world. Steeley posted a few photos of Jade cove near Big Sur I believe and I remembered a guy who I used to trade Jade with back in the day and sent him an email and had him cut me some stones. Here is the first one, it is 98% pure jadeite from California. The color is a dark teal blue green with lighter veins running through it. It is heavy and rare. It is pretty hard 6.5-7 mohs . the grit I would put in the 10-12k range, so it would make a great finisher.
I have been using it all week and since I don't have a strop or felt, I give my knife a few passes on this stone and its almost a 100% back to original. The first time I used it , I barely touched my finger and it split open like a grape. It is found in creek beds and the ocean, you can perma-soak it or use it as a splash and go as water doesn't penetrate it. You can even use it dry. It feels like glass.
dimensions
length 8"
width 2"
height 1.75"
weight 2.46 lbs. or 1140 something grams
I like it so much I am having him cut me a couple of more when he has time.

JADE1.jpg

JADE2.jpg

JADE3.jpg

JADE4.jpg

JADE5.jpg

JADE6.jpg

JADE7.jpg

JADE8.jpg

JADE9.jpg

Not sure what one I like best, Jade, jade or the other jade.

attachment.php

gratz on getting another one.

Man Son you sure get some cool stuff . That is one sweet piece of jade ever since i saw that first jade stone I been looking for a small one .

nice.. please let me know how i can purchase item pictured in your first post and rent the item pictured in your second.
thanks
lcb
I am curious about acquiring a piece too. If it isn't to expensive.

Very cool indeed. I'd like to try one for myself :)

After seeing your post I went looking to see what I can find. Found this on ebay.

attachment.php

got it cheap

This is Jade Raymond, video game executive of Ubisoft.

jade.jpg

Seriously though Son. That's pretty awesome. Looks beautiful; never would have thought that one could use such a stone for this kinda thing. Do other type of rock work too?

wow! cute as hell. yes you can use any fine grain stone, what edge you get is a different matter.

Back