Applying diamond slurry to felt?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jgraeff

Reaction score
Hey guys,

i picked up some diamond slurry, whats the best way to apply it to felt, i tried to put a few drops and smear it but dried instantly, do i need a spray bottle?

I've got some which I hardly ever use, but if I do it's with a spray. Suppose a brush could work, but then they're be more wasted I think.

any recommendations for spray bottles or will any one work?

I'm pretty sure any old spray bottle that works could do the job, but you'll probably want a small one that releases more delicately. Maybe like people use for perfume? Tiny tiny particles are in that liquid, so no worries about clogging if that's what you're thinking.

I think the advantage when you spray is that you get an even distribution on your felt. And just a few sprays - just a little is needed. Of course it will dry on the felt, but the abrasive particles should remain near the surface unless the felt isn't fine enough. There are a few videos out there on stropping - but I can't remember specifics. You could also use the diamond spray on leather. Maybe take a look? I'm not a strop-expert, though.

Back