Fun with acoustics

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lucretia

Reaction score
We live near the edge of a plateau, and there's an outdoor amphitheatre in the valley below us. The amphitheatre is in a big field surrounded by farms. When the weather conditions are right, the concert sounds like it's happening about 2 doors down from us. Tonight the Uproar Festival is coming in loud and clear, and we stepped outside to see if we could figure out who was playing. What we heard was this pre-song chatter from Godsmack: "It smells like horse (expletive deleted) here!" (Crowd roars!) "Doesn't it smell like cow (expletive deleted) here?" (Croad ROARS!!!!!) Much moaning and groaning about the stench.

Nothing like a little free entertainment on a Saturday night.

:rofl:

Lately, late at night we have been hearing something that sounds like a yodeling competition at an insane asylum.
When I asked the neighbors they told me it was the coyotes in a field about 1/2 a mile away.
Sounds like they are right next door.

Mark,
Just a little hint, DO NOT try to adopt one of those.:doublethumbsup:

Mark,
Just a little hint, DO NOT try to adopt one of those.:doublethumbsup:

We used to live in a house on 25 acres at the top of a ridge near where I work.
One night after dark I am sitting on the porch having a smoke. My dog started to whimper and growl and try to get in the front door.
At the edge of the light I could see several pairs of eyes glowing in the dark.
I picked up a handful of rocks and threw them at the eyes.
All of a sudden several more pair of eyes lit up and started coming closer.
I don't even remember opening the front door let alone running to it.
But I think I was inside with the door shut behind me in a fraction of a second.
Throwing the rocks didn't scare them off, just made them mad.
They stayed around most of the night making strange noises.

I used to go to Church service at the Austin Stone and it was in a school right across the river from Zilker Park, and therefore, the Austin City Limits music festival. Tearing down after the evening service, I was serenaded by the unmistakable voice of Bob Dylan on the wind.

Back