Florentine kitchen knives

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steeley

GoogleFu San
Founding Member
Reaction score
A designer Tomer Botner .
The blades have been created with the help of 17 local suppliers, craftsmen and professionals from Tel Aviv's Florentine neighborhood, made from materials sourced from the area. The knives comprise Botner's final project for the Shenkar School of Engineering and Design, imagined as a way to showcase Florentine's place as a thriving hub of Israeli culture.

S43Yql.jpg
[/IMG]

6GwVyl.jpg
[/IMG]

I posted this for the design aspects
a little some thing different.

Once the wedge is set in the hilt, the handle is then sealed and the knife given an individual number. Form follows function as the colored rings stripe the knife in a playful spectrum. The shape is a bit of a departure from the traditional Western chef's knife, using a highly curved spine and blade for rocking-style chopping.

3XmEFl.jpg
[/IMG]

Wow, very interesting look to them. I'm liking them aesthetically!

ah one more
QZln5l.jpg
[/IMG]

The numbering tag is different.

Very cool. I wonder if that perpendicular piece that's protruding from the ferrule would make a pinch grip uncomfortable though?

Those knives are wild looking! Any idea what steel is used and where one could purchase?
Patrick

he is looking for funding, I don't think they are in production yet.

Little update the steel baron is providing the steel and Lamson is cutting the pattern they have 4 more days for there funding and there almost there .
It is a interesting the marketing the funding social network projects for people to custom adjust there knife's
[video=youtube_share;jZ84b3D1bYs]http://youtu.be/jZ84b3D1bYs[/video]

link to the funding:
http://igg.me/p/193475

Been following his posts on facebook and tumblr. Been interested in his knives.

Anybody here get a knife from him yet? how is it? Thoughts?

=D

is it just the photo or does this seem like it has less belly?
tumblr_mfzjjvULrk1qhcxpjo1_1280.jpg

Yes, and the ferrule area is different/ more comfortable looking. Also, I like the natural tones better than the colorful rings....

Back