Leather Sheaths

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eshua

Reaction score
I've seen a couple pretty cool leather sheaths pictured on the forums from time to time.

My question is: Does anyone have a semi regular vendor or hobbyist in mind that turns them out.

They might be less practical than a simple wooden saya, but they look so badass.

Sorry if this comes off like it ought to be a WTB in BST.

Yup, pabloz! He is busy, but good. May want to check with Niloc too, not sure if he can now, but he makes some cool sheaths.

I have one by Pierre that is really cool too, but Pabloz is a leather worker, after all. Colin is a guy to ask too. I agree, is what I'm getting at.

I have an amzing sheath from Chef Niloc. I would highly recommend him.

Don't have a sheath from Niloc, but I do have one of his magnetic keepers. It's apparently built to withstand a nuclear blast, has really great attention to finish detail, and is taking on a beautiful patina. It's one of the few leather articles I have that hasn't gone all moldy in this climate.

I'd recommend his work without hesitation.:thumbsup:

Pabloz and Chef Niloc.

David Broadwell's lady is considering doing these. He's not on this forum though.

Here are a few from pabloz:

Some wicked tooling:
IMG_0113.jpg

Plain Jane, with special request handle cover:
IMG_0107.jpg

IMG_0108.jpg

IMG_0109.jpg

Paul is very nice to deal with.

How cool is that? :doublethumbsup:

I can't take credit for the "cool" over the handle cover. That was a Matt original great idea. I just followed the plan.

The shelled one is designed so that the strap can swing around the back and stay out of the way and be connected to a belt loop at the same time to become a hanging belt sheath.

PZ

Back