Dexter - Russell

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steeley

GoogleFu San
Founding Member
Reaction score
Chris asked if i could come up with some things about the company.

First there was Harrington cutlery co.
Henry Harrington, a New England craftsman and inventor, established the first cutlery company in the United States on June 18, 1818 in Southbridge, Massachusetts. Harrington manufactured surgical equipment and shoe knives, as well as well crafted firearms. As his cutlery line expanded, he gradually discontinued his firearm business. In 1884, Harrington introduced the Dexter trade name. The Dexter line of fine kitchen and table cutlery soon gained a reputation for quality in America's homes and restaurants.

kz3Fpl.jpg
[/IMG]

Dexter was his son.

second Russell cutlery co.

AjEjfl.png
[/IMG]

9PvA1l.jpg
[/IMG]

XIcTWl.jpg
[/IMG]

JF5ndl.jpg
[/IMG]

g2bKzl.jpg
[/IMG]

I would say the prize of the post would be these 1858 catalog pages butcher knives.
UG1JAl.png
[/IMG]

WFq8El.png
[/IMG]

n8n1Gl.png
[/IMG]

cV5STl.png
[/IMG]

xh0hzl.jpg
[/IMG]

and as always the a pie is being made.
WTt21l.jpg
[/IMG]

Great work Steeley! Thanks for doing this, you never disappoint.........especially in the "historical hotties" department.
Yeah, those butcher knives from the catalog are unbelievable, I would love to get a hold of one.......and a slice of pie.

Favourite pie pic, so far! Ha

Cool info too :)

Chris sorry I could not give you more specific information on dates and marks . But I am still looking for
the serial numbers on the wooden handles or the stamp's to give a date of manufacturing .

Back