OT Opening a store

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BertMor

Reaction score
First my apologies, I know this is in the wrong place, but i wanted to hit up everybody as efficiently as possible. I'm sorry Dave

Secon, many of you may not know me, others may remember me. I'm Bert an (now) ex chef in FL. Been here for at least 6 years. Been away for a while working on other stuff. I'm back for a bit to ask everybody's help. I am opening a retail store called BuY All American. It features only American made products, initially I am focusing on housewares (linens, tapestry's other little goodies for the house) and DUH! Kitchenware. I'm looking for a supplier of quality kitchen cutlery that is American made but that I can retail @ $40 - $80. No Cutco please. Only decent product I know of is Lamson. I will carry them if I have to, but I would love a second line or a better line that meets my criterea.

Any one have any ideas?

Also if yoy know of any cool American made products, by all means let me know, I might be able to use them.

Moderators please move this to the most apropriate place with my sincerest apologies

Warther Cutlery might be worth a look. "An American Family Tradition Since 1902." Don't know if they wholesale or not.

Where in fl will this be? Just curious I'd check it out if its near me good luck!!

This was an idea I had several years ago but was clueless how to get it off the ground. Best of.luck to you.

-AJ

Old Hickory. But they are soft, and don't have a chef's knife. But they are good old 54 RC American Made 1095.

Thanks for all the input. Dexter!? :doublebanghead: How did I forget them? Especially since my basic working knife for many years was a Dexter Connoisseur. I am thinking about Walther but i think they are too expensive, but Ihaven't decided for sure.

Jgraef, sorry I didn't answer you. Its in SoFl, Pompona Bch to be exact. More info to follow as i get to open. What other cool american made products can I offer? ideas welcome.

OH who used to make those wooden magnetic knife strips to hang knives on the wall. I would love to carry those!

Jgraef, sorry I didn't answer you. Its in SoFl, Pompona Bch to be exact. More info to follow as i get to open. What other cool american made products can I offer? ideas welcome.

OH who used to make those wooden magnetic knife strips to hang knives on the wall. I would love to carry those!

Should check out http://benchcrafted.com/Magblok.html . Very reasonably priced adn excellent workmanship

rgds
D

Back