Quantcast
187mm Carter kurouchi petty/funayuki
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 187mm Carter kurouchi petty/funayuki

187mm Carter kurouchi petty/funayuki

I really hate to let this one go since it looks so awesome and came in so recently, but I need cash for things other than knives right now given that I just bought a Marko practice gyuto. This is a 6.2 sun kurouchi funayuki that was listed on Carter's site a few weeks ago. It's thin (~1.5mm around the Carter stamp), has an awesome profile, and a great grind. I haven't used it at all but I really want to, because I can tell it's an awesome cutter. I'm pretty sure this is one of those Carters that's right at the boundary of a price bracket. What I mean is if the knife was a tiny bit longer, it would be a lot more expensive. So this is your chance to pick up a cheaper Carter that's not tiny (or a Nakiri) that's still completely new, even has the oil that Murray puts on the knives for shipping.

With shipping, this knife cost me $232.00. Whoever wants it for $220 shipped CONUS with tracking can have it at that price. Please just help get this thing away from me so that I don't actually end up using it. PLEASE PM me if you want the knife. Don't just post in the thread expecting that I'll check it every five minutes.

Note: If you want insurance, please ask for it. I can't be responsible for uninsured packages.

Ah - sweet Jesus on a rubber Pogo-stick .....

It's literally raining fabulous, affordable knives this week & we're so dammed broke we're eating Bottom Ramen this week.

Mutter, mutter, mutter

Cheers

Jim

I just picked up a 6.0 sun very similar, told my girlfriend it was an early christmas present to myself... So she took it and I'm not allowed it till then. Me and my big mouth :0
    Huw
    In order to make delicious food, you must eat delicious food. Jiro Ono

OOps!
    Spike C
    "The Buddha resides as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain."
    Pirsig

Quote Originally Posted by Von blewitt View Post
    I just picked up a 6.0 sun very similar, told my girlfriend it was an early christmas present to myself... So she took it and I'm not allowed it till then. Me and my big mouth :0
    Separate PayPal accounts. Means I overspend when I want and then have to clean up my own messes as in this case.

I have a separate account, but I always get busted on delivery. I live in a small town, so I struck a deal with the postman yesterday where he will call me before he delivers, so I can hopefully go undetected. Even if this only works half the time it will save me a few headaches!
    Huw
    In order to make delicious food, you must eat delicious food. Jiro Ono

Quote Originally Posted by Von blewitt View Post
    heh....there are some advantages to working out of your house...except when your wife is a teacher...then summer makes things complicated!
    Remember: You're a unique individual...just like everybody else.

This one appears to have one of his signature wicked-thin tips, no?

Great knife and profile... here is to a quick sale.

Quote Originally Posted by add View Post
    This one appears to have one of his signature wicked-thin tips, no?

Great knife and profile... here is to a quick sale.
    Yup, the taper to the tip is awesome. A non-nakiri Carter lasting more than an hour on this forum seems a little unusual, lol.

I got the same knife in 178mm just last week. Love it!