Have any one ever used ceramic knife? Super Cool!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

naia

Reaction score
Have any one ever tried ceramic knife before?
It is extremely handy for boneless meat. In addition, it wont brown food and is much healthier.
What do you think?

T2efdQXbJbXXXXXXXX_!!738313736.jpg

T24jqoXc0aXXXXXXXX_!!738313736.jpg

I have a few in the home. I really like the Kyocera parer. Great bang for the buck at under $30. They do eventually dull, and you'll need to invest in a pricey sharpener or take the time to send it off. Also, you can't thin it or tweak it at all. These are what the wifey usually goes to....

I had one I bought about 10 years ago when they first hit the market. It was a really sharp and expensive(at that time) knife, but just too fragile for serious use. I paid about $200 for one the same size as in the top picture, but now you can get them at wal-mart for 20 bucks.

the knives suck. they aren't sharp, chip easily, and tend to be thick. the peelers are okay, but i still prefer steel, for the same reasons.

My knives don't brown food either...and mine are carbon and capable of being sharpened! Pitonboy has to be right...troll...

I brought black Kyocera Revolution Nakiri six month ago. first, I think it is cool looking & very sharp!! however, after I used Japanese steel knife! then I realize what is real meaning of "sharp":bigeek:......I never touch my ceramic Nakiri again:bye:

Yeah but can you leave it in the oven like a cutco?

Yeah probably a spammers but a good question. I was wondering too.

I love ceramic peelers though. My Rösle left handed peeler arrived last night so I might changes my thinking.

-AJ

I wonder how many people here have ever worked for Vecter marketing selling cutco knives...cause I almost did. Seemed like a sweet deal when I was in high school. Luckily the parental units talked me out of it and I ended up in a kitchen instead :thumbsup: And yea, ceramic knives are awful, can't even drop them from more than a couple feet...

I sold me some Cutco for a about a month one summer. I think I sold 3 knives total to people who already owned Cutco. I still have all my cutco stuff and they aren't terrible but they aren't good. For the price you pay it is not at all worth it.

Word of the day: Shill

Urban Dictionary:
A person engaged in covert advertising. The shill attempts to spread buzz by personally endorsing the product in public forums with the pretense of sincerity, when in fact he is being paid for his services.
Who are you shilling for?

Ignore the n00b, he's just here to shill.

Word of the day: Shill

Urban Dictionary:
A person engaged in covert advertising. The shill attempts to spread buzz by personally endorsing the product in public forums with the pretense of sincerity, when in fact he is being paid for his services.
Who are you shilling for? Ignore the n00b, he's just here to shill.

Yeah, but at least introduce yourself before trying to bs people...:lol2:

What? I thought this was a legitimate discussion, as far as sharpening, I just drop mine and re-chip it...good as new.

Only used a few. Honest opinions: dull, worst geometry EVER, fragile, generally tiny. So, useless.

I'd want a parer sharper than the ceramics I have used.

I have a Kyocera. I use it sometimes. Dishwasher friendly:D

To answer the question even if it is a troll, I got a couple of ceramic knives from Ikea and they are awful. The geometry is pathetic, even if the knife were razor sharp it would still suck at cutting

Sorry, guys, if i asked sth off-topic. I just wanted to get your opinion on it. But believe it or not, I have been using myself and they are ok,especially when the price is under $30. better than wal-mart or ikea quality for sure. Maybe you judge it from chef point of view?

This is for real and not a troll? Ceramic knives are healthier?

I have a 5 inch petty that my six year old uses, its fine for children to learn on. it has a blunt tip and quite light, easy to grip. I might actually try that chocera nakiri style as the girls want to push cut everything.

You can apparently convex sharpen them pretty easily used black wet/dry sand paper and a mouse pad. One of the problems with ceramic is that there's no burr so you have to be very precise and consistent with your angles, but the convex technique compensates for this a bit. It also creates a stronger edge. I personally have no need / use for a ceramic kitchen knife (nor do I imagine most of the folks here do). But, I understand why there is a market for them and why, I'm sure, they sell very well at walmart.

Back