Quantcast
Favorite Ravioli Filling - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Favorite Ravioli Filling

My two absolute favorites are already here: I had the oxtail ravioli, each one topping a perfectly seared diver scallop - perfect! The one with the egg, I usually use the yolk only and surround it with a little ring of ricotta and chives. Too poor for truffles, but a little truffle oil also works.

Stefan

lobster (claw and knuckle meat) chopped up into pieces no bigger than about 1/4" square. Mix with ricotta and mascarpone, season with salt and pepper, let filling sit overnight. Next day, check seasoning, fill pasta, you know the rest.

Add chicken, salt, macaronis and also some vegetables and it will have good choice in the end and you will have better ravioli filling.

I like foie gras, mascapone and riccota made into a mousse. Sometimes make it for specials in the restaurants I'm working at. I usually use 300gms of each ingrediant, salt, pepper and chives. Served with caramalised peaches/apples and truffle and port reduction haha.. Talk about decadent. :P

Duck confit, sauteed minced shallots, goat cheese, bourbon soaked dried cranberries, and a splash of demi glace.

Quote Originally Posted by K-Fed View Post
    Duck confit, sauteed minced shallots, goat cheese, bourbon soaked dried cranberries, and a splash of demi glace.
    Almost perfect. I'd switch the cranberries for dried cherries soaked in port.
    Though I could not caution all I still might warn a few; Don't raise your hand to raise no flag atop no ship of fools. - Robert Hunter

I think ecchef has the right idea! Although the tartness of the cranberries is something to consider. Of course dried cherries come in various degrees of tartness......
    Spike C
    "The Buddha resides as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain."
    Pirsig

Quote Originally Posted by ecchef View Post
    Almost perfect. I'd switch the cranberries for dried cherries soaked in port.
    You can also try grappa marinated grapes if you want some bite with the sweet.

K.
    "There's only one thing I hate more than lying…skim milk, which is water that's lying about being milk." -- Ron Swanson