Presentation box

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carl

Reaction score
I'm giving a knife as a wedding gift to a chef friend who is getting married Saturday afternoon. Of course, I never thought of the wrapping or the box for this very nice western gyuto, and a cardboard jewelry case with a paper wrapper just doesn't seem sufficient for such a nice knife. It's really close to time, so ordering one is probably out of the question, and to be honest my budget is near it's limit. I'm looking for your best recommendation on a presentation box, or alternative, suitable for a wedding gift. Ideas?

do you have a costplus world market or a pier one nearby? They always have nice boxes or you can find a marshall's, TJMaxx, or ross go to the housewares section and find a nice designer wine box to put the knife in.

here is a costplus
Eugene
1011 Valley River Way Eugene, OR 97401 (541) 683-5702

Thanks Dude, I'll Do that tomorrow. This is a "Duh" moment for me.

if not wine boxes they may have wine bags, they are almost the size of knife bags, depending on how long the knife.

Thanks everyone. I wound up going with cardboard JP Penney's box with gold and silver paper inside and gold and silver wrapping and ribbon out. I did splurge for a real blade-guard. Not as high end as I was hoping, but quite nice, entirely suitable for a wedding gift. On our way now!

Where is the reception and what color is the wrapping paper again? :angel2:

Have fun at the wedding and don't stay out to late!

The gift will be remembered long after the box is decomposed!

Back