Razor identification help.

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PierreRodrigue

Reaction score
I was wondering if any of you fine razor nuts could help me out with this one. A local friend said he recently acquired it, and asked if I could touch it up for him.
It looks like the scales are horn, it is a 4/8 full hollow. Best as I can tell. It is actually a bit higher than a 1/2 inch, closer to 9/16"

Thanks in advance! IMG_00000002.jpg

Never seen it before but I like it :) Although a 4/8 would sit in a box, they bug me :p But you gotta love a razor called Mouse :p

My first guess would be that the stamp is a secondary sales mark. Lots of razors where made for individual outlets and stamped with the stores name. I say this only because an address is given more so than a maker and contry of origen.

The "address" is just around the corner from Windsor castle. Safe to assume Sheffield steel? Any guess as to year?
clapham.jpg

Man, I wish I could help....
Once this is solved, I have one for you guys too!

From the hump back tang and slight smile to the blade (SWAG-scientific wild arse guess) I'm thinking turn of the 1900's soon after that razors took on the current "Modern" razor look and this is really close to that.

Back