• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

A little bit of green, jadeite stone

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sachem allison

Reaction score
So, my buddy sent me another jadeite sharpening stone he cut. It is an odd shape, but that in no way affects performance, It has two flat faces one of which is missing a corner chunk. On side has been lapped on a DMT plate the other is flat, but has not been lapped. I think if you make a stand for it out of a wedge shaped wooden block it will work great. or glue some rubber feet on it. lol.
the dimensions are:
material:98% pure jadeite
color: teal green with lighter veining
length: 7.25 inches
width: 2 1/4"-2 3/8"
height low side: 1"-1/2"
height high side: 1 3/8"-7/8"
weight: 2lbs.
Price: $150 conus shipping included
thanks, Son

new stone 001.jpg

new stone 002.jpg

new stone 003.jpg

new stone 004.jpg

new stone 005.jpg

new stone 006.jpg

new stone 007.jpg

new stone 008.jpg

new stone 009.jpg

new stone 010.jpg

new stone 011.jpg

new stone 012.jpg

new stone 013.jpg

new stone 014.jpg

new stone 015.jpg

The forgecraft suji is still up. It would make an awesome Wa conversion
10" blade
hickory handles
double brass rivets
1095 steel
$40 plus $5 conus

Attached Thumbnails

forgecraft 2 010.jpg

forgecraft 2 009.jpg

forgecraft 2 008.jpg

forgecraft 2 007.jpg

forgecraft 2 006.jpg

Just out of curiosity...if by chance you do get more, what are approx grits on these, good to hone razors?

Yes I think they would be fine on razors, probably if you could put a grit on it 10-12k. I haven't been able to get any mud out of them, since they are harder then the steel I'm using. they are 6.5-7 on the mohs scale. It feels a lot like honing on glass. I'm going to see if I can get him to cut me more and possibly a few nagura type stones. I have a guy in Washington who might cut me some Nephrite jade and these are about the same grit, but 5 to 6.5 on Mohs so we might get some mud.

That would be awesome! I'd love to try it out on a razor, sometime.

You always have such cool stuff!

Back