Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Pet peeves

Haha I thought someone might say that Actually I ate nothing at the restaurant I worked at for two years except the specials I ran. It IS possible to make great-tasting vegan food; I think most vegans just think it has to taste like **** or it's not actually vegan, and this restaurant was no exception- they were amazed when I marinated tofu! ("It tastes so good! Are you sure I can eat this?") I was embarassed to say I worked there and actually contemplated taking it off my resume after I left and just telling prospective employers I didnt do a darn thing for two years! I had it in my mind to quit almost the whole time I was there, but they were paying me so much my wife couldn't have afforded to finish school if I hadn't stayed. Most of the BOH crew were pretty cool people too; a lot of the graveyard prep guys would cook meat in there at 3am, sometimes they'd save me some (hurry & eat that before the owner gets here or we'll ALL be fired!) Two LONG years but the sacrifice was worth it in the end- she has her degree and a GREAT job, and makes enough that I don't have to work 70plus a week anymore
    Restaurant Murphy's Law 101: If you have 5 and don't prep any, you'll sell 6. If you do prep some, you'll sell 4

Sorry kinda hijacked the thread, didn't mean to! I AM super peeved by vegans... and vegan restaurants that serve sucky food, but still do huge numbers all week. How the **** does that happen anyway?!?
    Restaurant Murphy's Law 101: If you have 5 and don't prep any, you'll sell 6. If you do prep some, you'll sell 4

the misconception that healthy food is sucky tasting food probably

i like good vegan food every now and then.

A new one, well not new, but came up recently.

Cowards. Like the kind that go into dry storage to get walnuts during dinner rush and never come back. No explanation, nothing, just disappeared
    "This is grain, which any fool can eat, but for which the Lord intended a more divine means of consumption.. Beer!" -Robin Hood, Prince of Thieves, Friar Tuck

Cowards! Yes! I once saw a cook season two-dozen steaks with sugar instead if salt, because he didn't want the head chef to see that he had run out of salt on his station.

The sort of chefs that make a mistake and don't 'fess up to it piss me off as well. Lying and putting your coworkers in the **** because you are too afraid to get bollocked out.

We still haven't seen that guy. He even left a few of his tools. Guess they are ours now, its been two weeks. No phone call or anything why he quit. It wasn't like it was a stressful night or he was gettin to much crap from us, his hazing was over, lol, and was being treated like one of the guys
    "This is grain, which any fool can eat, but for which the Lord intended a more divine means of consumption.. Beer!" -Robin Hood, Prince of Thieves, Friar Tuck

Quote Originally Posted by Jmadams13 View Post
    We still haven't seen that guy. He even left a few of his tools. Guess they are ours now, its been two weeks. No phone call or anything why he quit. It wasn't like it was a stressful night or he was gettin to much crap from us, his hazing was over, lol, and was being treated like one of the guys
    Is he still in dry storage looking for nuts?

Quote Originally Posted by tkern View Post
    Is he still in dry storage looking for nuts?
    Could explain it, we keep the walnuts in the walkin, lol

Charlotte, NC AKA The Queen City! The lint-filled belly button of the south.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jmadams13 View Post
    Could explain it, we keep the walnuts in the walkin, lol
    As long as he didn't disappear while looking for chinnuts....
    If "Its" and "Buts" was candy and nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas
    -Cleon "Slammin'" Salmon