Quantcast
Pet peeves - Page 5
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Pet peeves

Servers who ask if an item is "home made".

Touching my knives without permission. I had a student ask to try my Saji cleaver last month. I told her "Yes, but understand young lady-drop it and you're going down with it." Got a letter from the Chancellor on that one.

Hax the Cook CLEAVERS RULE!!!
    A barbeque believer will not profane pork by boiling, liquid-smoking, submeging in sous-vide, or affirm with those who do.

Quote Originally Posted by hax9215 View Post
    Servers who ask if an item is "home made"
    Home made? Oh god......

Quote Originally Posted by Salty dog View Post
    Slugs that complain about smokers.
    To be honest I thought this was the one that was going to be deleted.

No true offense. We're all on the same side.

wyoming, closer to nowhere than somewhere.
    Smokers that want to take a "cig break" every 15 min. Cooks that complain that their station isn't set up when they walk in the door. Hello its your station to set up.
    Managers that have no clue. Managers that have other things to do, and nothing at the restaurant. Managers that get tied around the waitstaff's fingers.
    people that don't want to learn the job, or even care.
    Chewie's the man.

This thread cuts too deep, I can't even read this right now.

Ohya, if you dislike people smoking, just swap their station around everytime they go for a smoke. Or hide their ****. Obviously not if they take responsible breaks, but you know the person I'm talking about.

It's been a while since I've actually been in a pro kitchen, but my main pet peeves were:

Walking off the line when a crowd starts to order.
    Not prepping enough.
    Wiping crap onto the floor.
    Not cleaning the grill.

Finding the plastic wrap where one side has been caught so the wrap gets more narrow when you pull it out and you know the last person that used it knew that they left it caught but were too lazy to fix it so you have to slide your fingers or a knife under the overlayered one side of the wrap to rip or cut off the excess to even it out.

wyoming, closer to nowhere than somewhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by tkern View Post
    Finding the plastic wrap where one side has been caught so the wrap gets more narrow when you pull it out and you know the last person that used it knew that they left it caught but were too lazy to fix it so you have to slide your fingers or a knife under the overlayered one side of the wrap to rip or cut off the excess to even it out.
    +100
    Chewie's the man.

Charlotte, NC AKA The Queen City! The lint-filled belly button of the south.
    Quote Originally Posted by tkern View Post
    Sometimes it's the person's fault and sometimes it's just a bobo roll of plastic. I've had brand new rolls do that to me(it always happens at the worst possible time) and they will track through the whole roll.
    As for the people.........
    ,,,,,,,it's like the person that takes the last paper towel or uses the last of the toilet paper! If you kill it, you fill it!
    I am not your mom or maid.
    It's not cool to leave your chef or co-workrers hanging with the dookie-butt.
    If "Its" and "Buts" was candy and nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas
    -Cleon "Slammin'" Salmon

+ Reply to Thread