Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Pet peeves

Insanity.

Quote Originally Posted by keithsaltydog View Post
    I like to know why the rest of the world uses metric & we do not?
    Hey, we're not alone, Burma and Liberia are with us.

and the UK is a hodge podge of mixtures. They use MPH but Km to measure distance and all kinds of whacky things.

wyoming, closer to nowhere than somewhere.
    lol back in the 70's Jimmy Carter tried to get us to switch over. Well you see how that worked. Sometimes thinking we are leading, we really are just being stubborn.
    Chewie's the man.

I think technically (according to the EU) the UK uses metric, but for the most part, nobody does. Still use mph and miles on distance signs for example. Go into a butchers and ask for grams of something and they'll laugh at you

I don't really mind if co workers use my knives without asking (well hopefully they do anyway, but if not it isn't the end of the world for me). But i do HATE when someone uses it and doesn't clean it. I can't count how many times I've come back to my board and my carbon petty is rusting in front of me with random octopus marinade or some **** on it.

Also, stealing my cake testers...at least one of my four disappears every service (yeah, I keep 4 on station, less moving aand thinking involved).

People who prep enough mies en plas for an army, when there's twenty on the books on a Monday night...

Chill out and clean something!
    The difference between try and triumph is a little "umph"! NO EXCUSES!!!!!!!
    chefchristophermiller@yahoo.com

Cooks that wipe stuff onto the floor;

Kick food on the floor under the line;

And when they actually sweep, they sweep the pile into a corner, and leave it;

And I'd they use a dust pan, they don't empty it!!!!!

People who put broken glass into my garbage...

Sweep up spills with a broom and dust pan, and don't rinse them...

Leaving utensils in food overnight...

Using your grill tongs to saute with...

Cleaning with water because your too lazy to fill a sanibucket...

Stuff left floating in the fryers...

my main pet peeve , and now that I'm not working for someone ever again to make me do this ****

butchering ,

and pre packaged foods

if you lack the skills to butcher primals or pismo's or whatever the **** it is you need to butcher , fish , whatever

ADMIT IT , DONT BUY PREPORTIONED **** , and say its a TIME SAVER

having been at a place that bought pre-portioned tenders @ $17.00lb I cant believe how retarded an idea that is
    it takes me if I'm having a bad day no more than 2minutes to remove the chain & silverskin & then portion @ weight within half an ounce a tenderloin

it would take me more than 2 minutes most likely to get the things out of the packages , not to mention you pay more , and dont get any chain meat , which you can turn into 1001 other uses

thats my rant , **** like cleanliness & organization I just dont deal w/ anymore with other employees , if your at a high caliber restaurant you should expect high caliber employee's

and for the "flipping burger guys" id take someone who can cook a burger to temperature any day of the week before someone who "Studied under the BEST CHEFS IN THE WORLD Culinary School" with an ego the size of the moon

I'm going to go drink more whiskey and yell at the TV