Quantcast
Pet peeves - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Pet peeves

My following questions/statements are directed towards anyone who noted these things or anyone who might note them in the future. However, they are not meant to be confrontational...

Why no tattoos?

Why no smokers? (I am a smoker but tend to leave it for before or after any work unless it is an unusually slow night) I don't worry about fellow cooks having a habit, as long as the habit doesn't affect their level of service.

I'm a bit of a whistler and I hate myself for it..anyone else whistles on the line and I would likely flip. I know why I hate it, but I would love to hear why any of you don't like it.

moodswings....not sure if anyone mentioned this, but I am not a fan
    I have been guilty, in the past, of letting my thoughts and emotions get the best of me...but after enough time, it gets incredibly old!

Tattoos - not my most serious peeve and meant with some humour, but I'm still not into them. It's just kind of a cliche - the chef/cook with a tattooed arm or two - like there's a rule it's required or something for respect. If a few people have them they might be cool, but if too many than it looks a bit silly and becomes like a uniform.

Charlotte, NC AKA The Queen City! The lint-filled belly button of the south.
    People complaining about how tired they are or how much their vaginas hurt that day

Not dressed acceptably.-If you can't figure out black pants, shoes and a white tee, you should be removed from the gene pool.

Standing in my way when I'm busy- Seriously GTFO my way.

Being happy and cheerful-Keep that kind of crap to yourself. Your good attitude makes me 10x grumpier and highlights the fact that you are an idiot.

Telling me "This is how we do it in culinary school"

and you guys don't pay any attention to cutty, he doesn't like fancy/custon handles on knives either. Tattoos don't bother me, bad tattoos do.
    If "Its" and "Buts" was candy and nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas
    -Cleon "Slammin'" Salmon

Quote Originally Posted by Kriegs View Post
    Why no smokers? (I am a smoker but tend to leave it for before or after any work unless it is an unusually slow night) I don't worry about fellow cooks having a habit, as long as the habit doesn't affect their level of service.
    More than anything, I want to smell food, not smoke or perfume or cologne. Also, some smokers abuse their habit because they can't handle stress and use it as a clutch. At that point it's a weakness and character flaw. Not trying to offend anyone or come off as high and mighty. I've been partaking myself for 26 years...but these days unless I'm fishing, the cowboy killers stay home for the end of the night.

Quote Originally Posted by Kriegs View Post
    I'm a bit of a whistler and I hate myself for it..anyone else whistles on the line and I would likely flip. I know why I hate it, but I would love to hear why any of you don't like it.
    Whistling is annoying and contagious...not because the cooks are communicating with each other and a mutiny is about to happen. Yeah I actually heard about that superstition the other night...silly!

Smokers:
    #1 They abuse the break system, never around when you need them, constantly stepping out. I'm either covering for your ass or the foods been up for ten minutes.
    #2 They reek and I hate the smell. Spraying down with Axe body spray after each cig doesn't make it better.
    #3 Their taste buds are whacked. Everyone I have been around uses way too much salt, too much curry, etc.

-AJ

Quote Originally Posted by knyfeknerd View Post
    People complaining about how tired they are or how much their vaginas hurt that day
    Hey, you can't say vagina with your dad on the forum.

From one home cook to you pro cooks, I love reading this thread.

k.
    "In Japan they don't call it Japanese food, they just call it food." -- Children's Hospital Quote

Some more from me

Using the wrong cambro
    Using my mandolin and not cleaning it enough (ie; dirty blades)
    Again, moving my coffee
    Not using a timer
    Cooks who leave their cell phone out during service
    Watching the clock late at night (we all want to go to the bar, the beer will still be there)

One more.

Shouting. I cannot stand excessive unnecessary noise in the kitchen.

-AJ

Quote Originally Posted by knyfeknerd View Post
    ...and you guys don't pay any attention to cutty, he doesn't like fancy/custon handles on knives either.
    Dmn right!! And let's add this to the list of peeves too, please.

(For the record, cool wood on westerns can be great, but not on wa's; usually looks way too busy as a Japanese handle to me. I'm also thinking it's the guys with tattoos that are the ones ordering these wild wa burls. Someone has to take a stand. )

Smoking - agreed on that one. Of course it's going to destroy your sense of smell and taste, and it stinks if you don't smoke and the guy right next to you does and is getting all sweaty by the grill; that's going to throw you off too. Also, what is it with the idea that breaks for smokers should get priority over breaks for non-smokers? Is it a noble cause we should endorse?

Superiority complexes.
    Condescending tones.
    Excuses. I have " no excuses" tatted on my arm.
    Non team players.
    Talkers.
    Non listening know-it-alls.
    A$$ kissers.
    Game players.
    Liars.
    Cheaters.
    Thieves.
    Laziness.
    Disrespect.
    And people who put garbage into a bag that has clearly slipped into the can.
    The difference between try and triumph is a little "umph"! NO EXCUSES!!!!!!!
    chefchristophermiller@yahoo.com

+ Reply to Thread