Quantcast
Pet peeves - Page 13
+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Pet peeves

wyoming, closer to nowhere than somewhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by ajhuff View Post
    Have another one. When we do events, give me a number. It irks me to no end when you tell me 85 people and 115 show up and your mad we ran out of food. Likewise, I get pissy when you tell me 100 and we cook for 100 and 60 show up. And don't do like yesterday and say we are serving a party of 150 but that could go up to 300. I don't do loaves and fishes like that other guy.

-AJ
    Or 75 is the # they give, but only 5 show up.

I had a party ask how much for a party of 25 kids (going through the owner). I gave them a low price because it was his friends. I even asked how many adults he had no idea. It turned out that there were more kids than adults that showed. Guess who took that brunt end.
    Chewie's the man.

When that one co-worker in particular would rather unnecessarily prep for his SMALL and ONLY ticket thats ON HOLD while you're getting bent over your station, rather than help you plate two small items for the ticket before it that he already plated and is getting cold, because it's not his job.

Run-on sentence, I know.

Some really good ones guys, so I don't really have anything that hasn't been mentioned, but here goes, In no particular order:

1)Don't touch any of my sh!t: knives, tools, mise, towels, NOTHING.
    2)Be F*ing clean, always. Drop something, pick it up immediately. See something someone else dropped, pick it up! Wipe down your board between tasks, wipe off the door to your reach-in, etc. You'll never be clean enough, but keep trying.
    3)If you take the last one, replenish it.
    4)Open your eyes and actually look before you tell me there isn't any ______ left. When I go and find it, I won't be happy.
    5)Rotate the damn product!!!
    6)People who don't know how to properly wrap their mise w/ plastic. It should be wrapped sufficiently so that when you drop your tray nothing spills.
    7)If you tear the plastic on the edge of the roll, for the love of god, DON'T KEEP PULLING IT!! Open the box and fix it!
    8)Write it down!!! I don't have time to tell you the same sh!t 3 times a day.
    9)How can you work with knives that dull???
    10)Put it back where you found it, NOW.

Good thread, that felt good.

I don't really mind that people use my knives when I leave them out. I try not to be too anal about things, but maybe its because I'm lucky I've never had anyone break one or do anything really stupid with it.

However I do appreciate when someone, even the chef, asks "may I use your knife?" when its sitting right in front of them. The answer is always "of course".

These are little things that the general public just doesn't understand!

Quote Originally Posted by Vertigo View Post
    I have a dishwasher who, when we send him to pick up the ground meat from the butcher every morning, spends 30 minutes looking at snowboards in the ski shop. He also goes there to poop. I can't figure out why the boss wont fire him. That's sort of a pet peeve on two levels: dishwashers who walk across town for their daily constitutional, and owners who wont fire incredibly awful employees.
    AMEN

wyoming, closer to nowhere than somewhere.
    Floor drain is not the lowest part of the floor, but the highest. This kind of crap wont run in a kitchen why on a construction site?
    Chewie's the man.

Nothing makes me shittier than people who take a new roll of plastic wrap out the box and throw the box away.It comes me serious anger issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Crothcipt View Post
    Floor drain is not the lowest part of the floor, but the highest.
    omg yes yes yes!

Quote Originally Posted by Crothcipt View Post
    Floor drain is not the lowest part of the floor, but the highest. This kind of crap wont run in a kitchen why on a construction site?
    Quote Originally Posted by labor of love View Post
    omg yes yes yes!
    It must be universal! This has been the case in 90% of kitchens I've worked in!
    Huw
    In order to make delicious food, you must eat delicious food. Jiro Ono

A few of my customer rules:

*Make a reservation.
    *Don't have your "secretary" make it.
    *Make it yourself.
    *Please arrive as scheduled.
    *We understand that schedules change. A little heads up would be good before we send your server home after standing around making $2.33 an hour. Yes, someone will come in to work your party and have no other tables.
    *Don't let foreigners leave the tip!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Did I emphasis that too much?)
    *Brief your overseas guests on US tipping customs.
    *Your table is the most important! (It is but so is everyone else's.)
    *If you walk in to an empty restaurant 5 minutes before closing you should be warmly welcomed. DON'T WEAR IT OUT!
    *You will be treated like a guest in our house. We hope you act like one.

+ Reply to Thread