Quantcast
Pet peeves - Page 21
+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1119202122 LastLast

Thread: Pet peeves

was asked to speak with a guest at the entrance, turns out just wanted a custom take out order, had a nice conversation with the hostess for wasting my time after that one...
    all the dumb **** is irritating but nothing drives me more crazy than time wasting that could have been avoided.

Quote Originally Posted by Salty dog View Post
    Has anyone mentioned crying? I hate it when people start crying. Men or woman.
    yeah, I had a dishwasher that cried every time she was late. I never even yelled at her, just stared at her shaking my head disapprovingly and she would burst into tears, every time.
    I haven't lived the life I wanted, just the lives I needed too at the time.

Drug users. I'm tiered of hearing a out it, seeing the crew I work with all messed up from the night before, and the constant screwups and smell of weed from the lockers. Not that I haven't dabbled, but there is a time and place.

Think my biggest issue is its all they talk about. It's annoying, and I don't care
    "This is grain, which any fool can eat, but for which the Lord intended a more divine means of consumption.. Beer!" -Robin Hood, Prince of Thieves, Friar Tuck

Quote Originally Posted by panda View Post
    was asked to speak with a guest at the entrance, turns out just wanted a custom take out order, had a nice conversation with the hostess for wasting my time after that one...
    all the dumb **** is irritating but nothing drives me more crazy than time wasting that could have been avoided.
    A THOUSAND TIMES YES

It can even be a problem with other cooks on the line, especially anybody getting promoted to the line or coming from a casual to a more fine-dining restaurant.

"How long on your (insert item) for table 75?"
    "Well what happened was I didn't have enough ***** so I had to ****, and ummmmm..."

My answer to them is always, "I want to hear an answer, not a story." In the middle of a busy service this kind of thing drives me nuts, especially if it makes me forget whatever I was about to do or if I have to refire or a sandbag a ticket because they didn't communicate something to me or the expo until asked about it.

If I am ready to sell a table and somebody decides to pipe up about needing more time, having forgotten to ring something in, etc. at the last minute---grrrr
    "There's more to cooking than opening a can, CAN I SAY THAT CHEF?!"

Chefs who obviously hate their home life, so they never go home, but never really do anything. Just hover, miserably around the kitchen for fifteen hours a day. I got this, go home and play legos with your kids.
    The difference between try and triumph is a little "umph"! NO EXCUSES!!!!!!!
    chefchristophermiller@yahoo.com

HAHA!! I have been on both sides of that one. You make it sound like such a simple solution. I gotta get me some legos.

Chefs who obviously hate their home life, so they never go home, but never really do anything. Just hover, miserably around the kitchen for fifteen hours a day. I got this, go home and play legos with your kids.
    i've had the same experience with bosses i had back when i had a desk job. it annoyed the hell out of me. they try to strike up a conversation that never really goes anywhere and ends up becoming this awkward moment where neither of us can think of what to say. even times when they force you to do overtime when it's absolutely unnecessary, they just wanted company coz they didn't have anywhere else to go but to work and spend their free time there coz everyone at his own home hates him or something or other.

Charlotte, NC AKA The Queen City! The lint-filled belly button of the south.
    Quote Originally Posted by NO ChoP! View Post
    Good one! One of the many reasons why I've left my job.
    Just because you hate your home/family life and have no hobbies you make me stay and work when there is no work to be done????
    I love standing around while waiting for you to come up with things to do!

Oh yeah also thank you for letting me know that they are cleaning the hoods this morning and inspecting all the fire/Ansul equipment. I really enjoyed sitting in my car for 2.5 hours.
    SALARY
    No matter how high the throne,
    there sits but an ass.

getting requests of random ingredients that is not a component of ANYTHING on the menu.

or people asking to have food brought in from the outside reheated, what's even worse is the FOH person actually coming to BOH to ask if it's possible... $@@#%^^@#@#%%#@ are you ****ing serious!??
    this actually happened during CIAA and instead of getting upset i just busted out laughing due to the sheer idiocy of the situation not to mention shock that it would even be approached.

Servers who blame the kitchen for their mistakes has always been my number 1....I've actually fired people for this.

Last night a server voided some food for some random reason. When the void ticket came through, at the very bottom it said, "reason: meat overcooked"....I almost lost it!
    The difference between try and triumph is a little "umph"! NO EXCUSES!!!!!!!
    chefchristophermiller@yahoo.com

+ Reply to Thread