Quantcast
Carter Suji + Keller Handle Combo - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Carter Suji + Keller Handle Combo

Senior Member/ Internet Hooligan
    I know! And after you had that beer I was about to lose the only part of this sale people have been nibbling on, leaving me with a $500 knife and no interest. This way I can FORCE SOMEONE to buy both (even if it's just to get the handle).

Quote Originally Posted by Vertigo View Post
    I know! And after you had that beer I was about to lose the only part of this sale people have been nibbling on, leaving me with a $500 knife and no interest. This way I can FORCE SOMEONE to buy both (even if it's just to get the handle).
    Your smoked almond supply is officially cut off!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sachem allison View Post
    I would jump on it, but Murray sent me essentially the same knife, without the Black apparently it is a kurouchi with a polished finish. God, I still want it though. this combo would be sweet.
    Same here, mine is an 8.4 and arrived a few weeks ago.

For what it's worth, I'm suddenly getting progress on multiple custom and/or long backorder fronts. I mean stuff from 12 plus months ago suddenly converging, along with the required payments . I thought it was a fluke...but if it's a sign of what's happening in the market, it may be why B/S/T is not moving as fast as it usually does.

I think the economy is just getting THAT bad and people are scared to spend money.

I sell misc stuff on eBay and Craigs List and things have really slowed down on stuff I would normally have no trouble selling.

I talked to a BBQ guy who is waiting to order a new pit based on who is elected in November.

Quote Originally Posted by evanjohnson View Post
    I think the economy is just getting THAT bad and people are scared to spend money.

I sell misc stuff on eBay and Craigs List and things have really slowed down on stuff I would normally have no trouble selling.

I talked to a BBQ guy who is waiting to order a new pit based on who is elected in November.
    Seriously?

Or maybe it's just a knife with a very small niche and the right buyer isn't around at the moment. Maybe someone doesn't want KU? Maybe it's the wrong length? Or maybe it's the fact that it's a $600 suji and that's not a profile that most people would be willing to drop the big bucks on? I'd bet that a $600 Carter funayuki would sell quicker than a suji.

I have the opposite experience as some stuff I sold on eBay and craigslist did fairly well. However, I wouldn't put too much stock in anecdotal evidence either way.

Regards,

Mark

I guess if things don't go his way, he'll wait another four years...
    one man gathers what another man spills...

Senior Member/ Internet Hooligan
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    Or maybe it's just a knife with a very small niche and the right buyer isn't around at the moment. Maybe someone doesn't want KU? Maybe it's the wrong length? Or maybe it's the fact that it's a $600 suji and that's not a profile that most people would be willing to drop the big bucks on? I'd bet that a $600 Carter funayuki would sell quicker than a suji.
    Yeah, whatever twists and turns the economy takes, the knuts around here usually find the scratch to buy their toys if it's something they really want. This is a pretty particular knife. Plus interest in Carters really does ebb and flow on the forum, and given that he doesn't accept customs anymore and hasn't made a suji--kurouchi or otherwise--in this length or longer in months, I'm betting it's time will come. Eventually.

I know I couldn't afford it, but I do have 2 Carter sujis already Definitely great knives. And just in case someone really likes the wood: this is one of the last pieces I have. Kukui nut is a very light wood that almost always cracks during stabilizing as I had to learn. That means I now try to break them intentionally to make sure I get a stable piece, and I end up with nice ferrule pieces, but there are only one or two pieces left that are long and stable enough for a handle - and I haven't seen a new supply in spalted kukui in years. Just saying...

Stefan