Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Do You Carry a Knife

Dammy frame lock from HHH.

Attachment 10339
    Spike C
    "The Buddha resides as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain."
    Pirsig

Trying the new image deal, the second image should not be there, but it is!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2733.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	64.6 KB 
ID:	10340
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2731.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	97.3 KB 
ID:	10341  
    Spike C
    "The Buddha resides as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain."
    Pirsig

Swiss Army pen/pocket knife, or whatever they're called. Blade, scissors and screwdriver - tweezers, toothpick and nail file for those horrible grooming emergencies that the Army in Switzerland were no doubt eminently prepared for.

(Incidentally, does neutral Switzerland actually have a real 'Army'? Maybe not! But if they do, perhaps the lack of action is behind their obsession with grooming gadgets. Lot of time on their hands, perhaps.)

Small Swiss Army knife - My dad always had one, and so do I. I've probably lost and replaced a half dozen by forgetting to check them in baggage before trying to board planes. Shoot, not again! Regulations, regulations....

Some of you guys must have expansive pockets in order to carry what you carry around. My knife is tiny.

The incredibly sophisticated Boise, ID <g>
    Swiss Army pen/pocket knife

Have one of these on my key chain as well. Pink with only one scale. Got it for a quarter at a yard sale. What the hell....it cuts and the toothpick works.

Quote Originally Posted by bikehunter View Post
    Swiss Army pen/pocket knife - Have one of these on my key chain as well. Pink with only one scale. Got it for a quarter at a yard sale. What the hell....it cuts and the toothpick works.
    A quarter? Man, what a deal! I think they'd usually cost about $30. I know, as I buy them often (read above).

Not sure about carrying a pink one with me - perhaps the low price then. And a used toothpick? Don't know if I could do it. Can't argue with the price, though.

The incredibly sophisticated Boise, ID <g>
    Quote Originally Posted by Cutty Sharp View Post
    A quarter? Man, what a deal! I think they'd usually cost about $30. I know, as I buy them often (read above).
    Naw...you can get them often for practically nothing:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/genuine-vict...item51a1e02bcb

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0735.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	79.4 KB 
ID:	10343
    Bad pic... but the knife I carry depends on the situation. from the Kershaw quick open and Leatherman Juse S2 to my newish Bud Nealy S30V custom Aikuchi, O'hare, to a couple of Kiku's - a camping deba (its fun!!-and a lefty) and one of his chisel II's. I used to carry more traditional knives until this bloody forum opened up my mind and pocket book to sharp things...
    Approach life and cooking with reckless abandon

I usually carry a folder with a replaceable razor blade just cause it's cheap and if I get caught with it I ain't gonna cry.....now ALL of th ethers I'd cry pretty hard.....if it ain't the razor I have a bunch of Carter Damascus neck knives, a watanabe Damascus.....I got a tai goo Damascus belt knife....a nick wheeler Damascus stag belt knife.....John fitch hunter.....a kershaw zt 0200...I'm thinking about getting rid of it though cause it's huge...I feel like a cop would confiscate a large folder before a smaller fixed blade.....I got a few more than I'm probably forgetting at the moment....Ryan

P.s....I used to have an almar sere...awesome knife till some sharpening bum never returned it!!!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

viva la revolucion !

Quote Originally Posted by bikehunter View Post
    Naw...you can get them often for practically nothing:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/genuine-vict...item51a1e02bcb
    Even better, just buy em back from the airport

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HUGE-LOT-OF-...item3ccb081180

-AJ

I don't really have any pictures handy of my EDC type knives, but the list would go:

SAK Treker, in my bunker gear, with the flathead out, for quick use/prying with my fire gloves on. It's a tough, tough knife, and means more than any other knife to me, because my wife gave it to me on our Wedding Day.

Mike Davis "Everything Knife", or "Arrowhead Necker", around home. I use the Everything Knife for yard work and heavy duty stuff (just laid a couple thousand sq ft of sod with it. The Arrowhead is my around the house knife and is used to open and prepare every package I get in and send out. Opens letters, etc too.

Gerber Paraframe is the folder I bring with me when out in public. It's not threatening, and does the job beautifully. However, once my Lowe, and eventually Harner neckers come in, I plan on letting the Paraframe have a semi-retired life. 8 years and counting, and it's still going strong.

I have a little Opinel that I bring along when I'm feeling whimsical, and SAK keychain knife that is my wife's knife of choice when we're out in public.
    09/06

Take a look around at: www.sharpandshinyshop.com

Email me at: tmclean@sharpandshinyshop.com