Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Do You Carry a Knife

The incredibly sophisticated Boise, ID <g>
    Have rarely been without at least one pocket knife since around age of seven. Currently, key chain size SAK for toothpick and nail file...and Syderco Endura 4.

Usually one of these 4, or my Burt Foster Dark Side,on my belt, and a Schatt & Morgan or Queen muskrat in my pocket.

At work I carry an opinel carbone #6. Switched out the beechwood for olivewood recently. Out of work I carry a lil spyderco. I also have a few SOG zombie slayer types....
    The difference between try and triumph is a little "umph"! NO EXCUSES!!!!!!!
    chefchristophermiller@yahoo.com

I've carried the same Benchmade Snody folder for several years. I really think the Axis locking mechanism is superior to all others. It's incredibly strong, and yet very fast to deploy and simple to fold.

For the rare occasion that I need to get dressed up I have a nice Laguiole folder in 12c27 that takes a screaming edge, and looks like a "gentleman's" knife.

The incredibly sophisticated Boise, ID <g>
    Axis is hard to beat, but I don't think it's any better than the Tri Ad and I researched it pretty thoroughly, not just based on dipshit Lynn's videos. I had an old carbon steel Laguiole for 20 years until someone stole it. Cried like a baby. ;-) I've been thinking about another one but the good ones these days ain't at all cheap.

kershaw blur, kershaw skyline, swiss army knife, and a svord peasant knife.

Have a knife on me at all times. Either it's a Gerber folding knife, or my Bucklite skinning knife. I also keep a machete in the car. That machete has saved my life before, and on that day I named her Stella. It was made in England I believe, and I found her at a pawn shop.

rule #9. never get caught without a knife. i carry one 100%. usually a case folder like S above.

but if i am in hairier places, like a tunnel underground, or hunting..(or oakland ) i carry one of my partially serrated benchmades.

Charlotte, NC AKA The Queen City! The lint-filled belly button of the south.
    Quote Originally Posted by jazzybadger View Post
    I also keep a machete in the car. That machete has saved my life before, and on that day I named her Stella.
    Please do tell-a, the story abouta Stella!
    Were zombies involved?
    Crackheads?
    Kardashians?
    "See... the problem here is that... my little brother, this morning, got his arm caught in the microwave, and uh... my grandmother dropped acid and she freaked out, and hijacked a school bus full of... penguins, so it's kind of a family crisis... so come back later? Great."
    -Lane Myer (Definitely not as in Oscar Mayer)

Quote Originally Posted by knyfeknerd View Post
    Please do tell-a, the story abouta Stella!
    Were zombies involved?
    Crackheads?
    Kardashians?
    (please be kardasians..please!)