Cherry wood

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rahimlee54

Founding Member
Reaction score
My coworker had a cherry tree he was cutting down so I had him bring it to me for the smoker, I was wondering if I should check to see what form of cherry tree it was to make sure I won't get sick eating it. If anyone has any info regarding that it would be appreciated.

Thanks
Jared

I have never heard of a problem with any fruit tree, even the ornamental pears and plums are great.

Nice score!

You might just want to ask if it's been sprayed with any pesticides. If not, enjoy!

It hasn't been sprayed so I will continue to enjoy. I just wasn't sure if there was one species to avoid eating. My other coworker has a whole peach tree waiting for me that should be enough to last me a good long while.

They will not even take any money for it and they are doing the cutting. So I paid one with a pecan pie and the other will be paid with something chocolate. Not a bad trade at all :).

Thanks
Jared

It hasn't been sprayed so I will continue to enjoy. I just wasn't sure if there was one species to avoid eating. My other coworker has a whole peach tree waiting for me that should be enough to last me a good long while.

They will not even take any money for it and they are doing the cutting. So I paid one with a pecan pie and the other will be paid with something chocolate. Not a bad trade at all :).

Thanks
Jared

I am so jealous. My stash of peach wood is dwindling and getting old. :eek2:

I also have but it is quite new and i am very glad to have this at my home and i am fond of this and it is my hobby to take care of it. :laugh:

Back